Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

quoting my own post, how sad
anyway the FOI reply has come through. Don';t really know why I expected anything else

Thank you for your request to the BBC of 28th August 2020 seeking the following information
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’):
With regard to an interview with Harry Maguire, conducted by Dan Roan which was broadcast on the BBC
One 10 o'clock news on Thursday 27th August 2020
I request two pieces of information
1/ In which country was the interview conducted?
2/ Who paid for Dan Roan's travel, accommodation and sustenance?
I look forward to you furnishing me with the information requested

The information you have requested is excluded from the Act because if held it would be held for
the purposes of ‘journalism, art or literature.’ The BBC is therefore not obliged to provide this
information to you and will not be doing so on this occasion. Part VI of Schedule 1 to FOIA
provides that information held by the BBC and the other public service broadcasters is only
covered by the Act if it is held for ‘purposes other than those of journalism, art or literature”. The
BBC is not required to supply information held for the purposes of creating the BBC’s output or
information that supports and is closely associated with these creative activities1

The limited application of the Act to public service broadcasters was to protect freedom of
expression and the rights of the media under Article 10 European Convention on Human Rights
(“ECHR”). The BBC, as a media organisation, is under a duty to impart information and ideas on
all matters of public interest and the importance of this function has been recognised by the
European Court of Human Rights. Maintaining our editorial independence is a crucial factor in
enabling the media to fulfil this function. However, the BBC makes a huge range of information
available about our programmes and content on bbc.co.uk.
Purposes of Journalism....haha

Rags would have lost if that **** was getting kebabbed by Stavros in Beta Wing.

[QUOTE="dickie davies, post: 13047349, member: 32]

The information you have requested is excluded from the Act because if held it would be held for
the purposes of ‘journalism, art or literature.’ The BBC is therefore not obliged to provide this
information to you and will not be doing so on this occasion.

[/QUOTE]
Says it all really. If they're not obliged to produce the information it doesn't mean they cannot. They choose not to. Why? They obviously have something to hide!

The BBC is using the term in its loosest possible sense!

It does also state "these CREATIVE activities "
They are correct there as they are doing their utmost to portray Maguire as an innocent party
All I wanted to know was, who footed the bill for Roan, was it the BBC, utd or Maguire?

I saw an ad in the window of a news agent chain

Wanted: News delivery colleagues.
A waffley bollocks name for paperboys just like the bollocks waffle spoken by the rag paper lad.
'Harry and his people'. Ffs.

'Harry and his people'....doesn't sound like the club are standing shoulder to shoulder with Maguire. Sounds like a distancing exercise.

'Harry and his people'....doesn't sound like the club are standing shoulder to shoulder with Maguire. Sounds like a distancing exercise.
Ive been busy writing to the BBC asking them to clarify the exact situation as whether his conviction still stands and why they relied on a statement from the rags instead of checking it properly.
I have also written to the Greek embassy asking them to clarify the legal situation.
I am sure l will get a quicker reply and honest reply from the embassy.

Ive been busy writing to the BBC asking them to clarify the exact situation as whether his conviction still stands and why they relied on a statement from the rags instead of checking it properly.
I have also written to the Greek embassy asking them to clarify the legal situation.
I am sure l will get a quicker reply and honest reply from the embassy.

My sister and brother are invloved in a gratuitous and ridiculous court case in Greece atm (island) and the greek legal system is just made to keep the courts and solitors in jobs - I believe they are talking about a review atm.

Dont expect this to be resolved for another 2 years at least. He can not attend or ask for a postponement, and they will happily take fees off him. I love Greece and zthey have made massive steps to address their issues, but a lot of the bureaucracy still remains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.