Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona complete £10.5m signing of Yerry Mina from Palmeiras.

Therefore I think we can find better and cheaper CBs than Maguire.

I'm sure I read pep likes to have a reasonable amount of players from the nation the club is English premium and lack of top players hinder that

If Maguire loses a stone or so off each knee, he might be like Usain Bolt.
Richard Dunne was nicknamed the Sugar Monster by the Irish squad and he was pretty rapid for his physique. Damien Duff mentioned how managers would always single him out as a weakness yet he was one of the fastest players on the pitch.

Richard Dunne was nicknamed the Sugar Monster by the Irish squad and he was pretty rapid for his physique. Damien Duff mentioned how managers would always single him out as a weakness yet he was one of the fastest players on the pitch.

Dunney was quick. I can remember him winning a sprint race against Fernando Torres when he was at Liverpool.

Not the sugar monster, the honey monster.

It amazes me that fans of other clubs talk about how much we spend on players but ignore the fact that there is clearly a "City tax" based on the wealth of our owners. I really doubt some of our signings would be quite as expensive as they've been if we just had the same wealth as other top six clubs. We definitely get charged a premium.

As do the other “major” clubs. Carlton, Lukaku and VVD are cases in point.

Any big PL club who appear fixated on a particular target excite the £ signs in sellers’ eyes.

I think Mangala and Bravo are incredibly destabilizing. Not to excuse the errors by Stones but we look a complete mess in back whenever those two play. For whatever reason it just makes all the efforts in back hard work. In particular they never seem to know who among the CBs,fbs and keeper are going to take responsibility in countless situations. I think Stones will be fine to very good with Ederson and Otamendi provided the latter maintains his head
I think Mangala is bigger problem than Bravo. I also think Pep maybe quite stubborn and will keep Bravo as back up. His evidence is based on the potential passes out like that for kdb against Bristol.
But I agree, we certainly look dodgy at the back when they both play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.