Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the club won’t be telling pep he’s getting him if he doesn’t want him!? Pep obviously wants maguire and the club are trying their best to get him within the price we deem suitable.
Well 2 seasons ago you could have said the same regarding vvd, but when the press asked Pep during a press conference Pep said we were never in for him, and didnt put in a bid.

Look bad to who exactly? dick hasn't won the league and i doubt we are losing sleep over not shelling out 75m on him,i keep saying he is protected by 2/3 defensive mids and they play a more defence game than the used to,he wouldn't suit what we need,people need to get over it
He's a bit good that van dyke fella, straight choice between Maguire or dick I know who i would choose to say he is only good because of the midfield is odd,dick is quicker,stronger, better in the air ,and on the floor pretty even and anyone saying otherwise is a bit " didn't want him anyway " perfect vinny replacement imo, that's not slagging Maguire off I think he would do a good job for us

Love it how people talk about 65-70-80m we shouldn't pay it hahaha

Its not yours or mine so get a grip...

If Tixi has to pay the going rate + add ons then deal with it.

65m deal & if City end up paying 70m then we have won more trophys so Craic on people..
So in that respect, it would make no difference to you, what so ever, if City paid £3m or £300m for Maguire?

Apart from the fact that we have a budget to spend on players, personally, I love City and would hate to see us have our pants pulled down.

So is alright with you if I think that Maguire isn't worth more than £60m, and don't want Leicester to hold us to ransom?

Not wanting to pay 75m for van dijk will look really bad if we end up paying it for maguire.
There are very few defenders in the English game who could play in this City side and improve us. maguire in my opinion would strengthen City's defence significantly, and for years to come, but I don't expect it to happen. It will be too expensive.

I don't think that's why people complain about certain prices.

I think that its about we have X amount of dollars to spend (we do have a budget, contrary to people who think we have unlimited to spend). Let's say we have 150 million to spend in this window. Then its all about maximizing that amount and getting the best bang for your buck.

So if City do spend 90m on Maguire then I'm thinking personally "Well what a waste, could have got Nico Elvedi for less than half and use the remaining to buy in another position".

We already have Rodri for 65, sounds like Cancelo for 45, 5 for Angelino for a total of 115m.

I don't see us getting Maguire with what I think we have left, I would be perfectly happy with Nico Elvedi.

Totally right there Wally, but I will value the judgement of those making the calls for real over your assertion of whether it is a waste - no offence btw

So in that respect, it would make no difference to you, what so ever, if City paid £3m or £300m for Maguire?

Apart from the fact that we have a budget to spend on players, personally, I love City and would hate to see us have our pants pulled down.

So is alright with you if I think that Maguire isn't worth more than £60m, and don't want Leicester to hold us to ransom?

Daft comment.

There’s a huge difference between 65-80m and 3-300m.

Not wanting to pay 75m for van dijk will look really bad if we end up paying it for maguire.
Possibly, but only if he wanted to come in the first place. Personally think he wanted to go to L'pool anyway in which case it doesn't matter that City wouldn't pay that fee.

Can we really compare the two in this regard?

Maguire's fee is very much due to his being a HG player who can get games for a side that demands a particular skill set in his position, and we will need a HG player assuming Pep is done with Delph,

I don't love the fee either for what you are actually getting in terms of quality, but he's a squad player for us who can challenge Stones for games, and offers a lot in the air, which we will miss with no Vinny, whilst Nico's smaller size (if he were to stay) means he has to time his headers better, and is surely on the downside of his athletic ability, which he relies upon to get up.

Harry fills a need even if he isn't an improvement. The market for HG centre halves that can play under Pep is not exactly brimming. Remember we almost signed JFE before West Brom wanted too much.

De Ligt wants massive wages, which we won't do, and we still need a HG player somewhere. Koulibaly is going to cost a huge fee, also not as young as Maguire, less proven in the PL, and again, isn't HG. Where then now will we find one to replace Delph now that we re-signed ZInch, after we were looking at Chilwell? Oh, and we were ready to overpay for Chilwell too I suspect.

This being said, 2 seasons ago I wrote on another City forum we would be interested in Maguire due to his skill set and Pep's style of play. He is a fit, even if he has his flaws.

Can you define "squad player" as in my eyes, they all are

He's a bit good that van dyke fella, straight choice between Maguire or dick I know who i would choose to say he is only good because of the midfield is odd,dick is quicker,stronger, better in the air ,and on the floor pretty even and anyone saying otherwise is a bit " didn't want him anyway " perfect vinny replacement imo, that's not slagging Maguire off I think he would do a good job for us
He suits them,they do shield him a lot like it or not,he would be exposed in our side and a fit vinny still shits on him

I've watched the leicester game back as i can't sleep in this heat and Harry is solid enough and does play offside trap well,however this carrying the ball out from the back appears to be based on going past a complete non tackle by gundy,i could have taken the ball that far i reckon,not sure i've seen him do it other than that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.