Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t how these things are measured, but he’s never looked any slower to me than Kompany or Otamendi.
Doubt he is as quick as vinny but probably has the edge on Otto. Think he would be a useful addition to the squad and at this stage I have given up on transfer fees if we can afford it so be it.

Disagree, Otamendi's best years are behind him imo, too slow and against top class forwards eg Mane is reckless in the tackle. I think Maguire is a better player and whilst not particularly fast has more pace than Otamendi and does not dive in to tackles.
Fair assessment.

Komps strengths and value to City, in his last two or three seasons was hardly his pace, yet he was arguably our most influential player in the run in to the treble.

We don't need Alan Wells in our back four, however, neither do we need Jan Molby.

I know Leicester have tended to sit back and counter generally, but there have been many games when I have watched them having to chase a game.
Maguires pace isn't a feature of his game that I recallever being identified as a weakness in his game generally.

Ottamendi during are Centurion winning season had 34 appearances in the Prem for City. He was arguably one of are star performers. Otto is not and or has never been a speedster at the back, yet he had no problem regularly slotting into Citys highline during that record breaking season.

There may be genuine concerns some or many may hold in relation to Maguire, but when you consider the pace of some of the defenders who have played at the back for City, over the last few seasons, focusing on perceived issues about Maguires pace seems somewhat flawed.

That second paragraph is amazing.

Good point, if as the theory goes Pep likes a balance of one left footer and one right footer at the back then how does this work with Laporte, stones, Otamendi and adding another right footed player - isn’t that three right footed ? Only one left for option ?

Pep does like a left footer on the left, but I think it's hard to find a really good left footed CB. Laporte is one of the best no doubt, but if he gets injured we need someone who can slot in. However, if we go for a left footed CB he needs to be good, but at the same time are basically going to be 2nd choice to Laporte. Maguire currently plays on the left so is comfortable there if needed. He could play on the right or go to the left with Stones or whoever. I think it's a bonus. In the past 2 seasons the times where Laporte didn't play or played at LB it was either Kompany or Ota.

In the case of The People versus Harry Maguire, we the people would like it on record your honor that Mr Maguire does indeed have a large head and it is this head that we so object.

Just keep Nico and save 80m.

I can't believe we'd be that disorganised. Either Pep trusts Ota or he doesn't, if it's the latter we should buy Maguire and Ota can spend most of the season on the bench. Surely the board and Pep aren't waiting on the whims of one squad player to make major transfer decisions.

I can't believe we'd be that disorganised. Either Pep trusts Ota or he doesn't, if it's the latter we should buy Maguire and Ota can spend most of the season on the bench. Surely the board and Pep aren't waiting on the whims of one squad player to make major transfer decisions.

The newspaper could just be putting 2 n 2 together here. We've known this in a way. And Otamendi will make his decision eventually, once he returns from Copa America.

The newspaper could just be putting 2 n 2 together here. We've known this in a way. And Otamendi will make his decision eventually, once he returns from Copa America.
Unless an academy player is joining the squad we need
a replacement for Vinny regardless of what Otto decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.