Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dribble

Dribble

To be honest, I can see us paying that amount. He's English, half decent, plus Pep & Txiki must like him if we opened our bidding at more than we paid for Mahrez. If you think about it, for an attack minded coach, Pep's spent a shit load on defenders and seems to have prioritised them since he came here.

Wasn't it only 21 goals conceded in the league last year? Championships are won with a strong defence, it's the reason Liverpool's fortunes changed after spending a world record fee on VVD. Kompany's gone and we need a defensive powerhouse and leader, however try as I might I can't think of a better option for us right now who's proven, available and British.

2. Blu1

Blu1

I agree. He’s a very good defender and a position we need to fill now.

Dribble likes this.
  3. cleavers

cleavers

It'll make united up their bid ?

1.618034 likes this.
  4. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

Isn’t de ligt (supposed generational player) going to go for less at £65m or something. This is just bloody mad

5. Blu1

Blu1

Or maguire has stated he wants city which makes sense. Why join a Utd team that have issues & to be honest not much better than Leicester. A lot of pressure at Utd next year. If we don’t match it he will go to Utd which is where I see him going.

6. Larry Stranger

Larry Stranger

That's on Ajax tbf. They are willing to let De Ligt go and only want a certain amount. Leicester has no reason to let Maguire leave.

7. Marvin

Marvin

Depends on how seriously City want him. I would make him a priority because he's dominant in the air and we are not, and he can play too. Very good fit and would make City very strong defensively for years to come. I like Ake too, but the best target with least risk is Maguire imo.

Blu1 and Topbins like this.
  8. cleavers

cleavers

Not if we have to pay over £80m it isn't, and no I don't care about the money either as its not mine, but that doesn't mean we have to be ripped off.

9. City Raider

City Raider

Doubt the club are taking the same view as some that Ferna as back up would be enough with what we have. They’ll be judging players on CL semi’s and finals. Would we want Ferna at CB in a CL final?

Not saying Maguire is the answer but think that’s probably what the club are looking for. Especially with a potential ban looming.

If it is Maguire this could rumble on with rags putting in increased offers which Leicester will lap up but Maguire not agreeing personal terms if set on a move to us.

10. ballinio

ballinio

I think we need to get him , we would strengthen the spine of the team with Rodri as well, just need to find a replacement for Aguero as soon as we can next .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.