Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about anyone's worth, just hope we get someone be it him. 3 CBs for a whole season isn't enough, especially not with Otamendi and if Stones has injury problems like last season it'll be bad
City ain't getting a proven quality cb for under 70 Mil, so God help us if their baulking at 60mil.

not gonna lie when you put the backline together it looks pretty good

Ederson

Walker Maguire Laporte Angelino

Unfortunately the scouse back line is better. I’m not convinced about maguire and stones development is a tad worrying. I haven’t seen Angelino play recently if I’m honest so I cannot judge him fairly at this time. I think as of today things haven’t changed greatly. Our midfield pisses on them, attack is similar if they get lucky with injuries again, defence they are ahead.

Unfortunately the scouse back line is better. I’m not convinced about maguire and stones development is a tad worrying. I haven’t seen Angelino play recently if I’m honest so I cannot judge him fairly at this time. I think as of today things haven’t changed greatly. Our midfield pisses on them, attack is similar if they get lucky with injuries again, defence they are ahead.

Agree with that.

I don't care about anyone's worth
Thankfully City do, when did we last over pay for a player ? Maguire is not, and never will be an £80m footballer, he's a good defender, but it has to be very special for that kind of money, and Maguire isn't in that category, reports suggesting Pep is happy with what he's got, and if that is the case, then I'll let him get on with it, as he seems to have a fair idea what he's doing.

City ain't getting a proven quality cb for under 70 Mil, so God help us if their baulking at 60mil.
They're probably balking at 60m because it's only Maguire. I reckon we'd be willing to go considerably higher if it was a top tier defender who suited our style of play.

You could argue our defence is better, for a start we don't play with 2 DMs every game, we only play with one, hence more attacking football, we played significantly more games than them last season, had more injuries to key players, yet only conceded 1 goal more than them in the league, so I don't see how the dippers have a better defence than ours.

You could argue our defence is better, for a start we don't play with 2 DMs every game, we only play with one, hence more attacking football, we played significantly more games than them last season, had more injuries to key players, yet only conceded 1 goal more than them in the league, so I don't see how the dippers have a better defence than ours.
It's because of the Ainfield atmosphere, la.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.