Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've clearly been away too long. 90m for Harry Maguire? Did we pay Eleventy billion pounds for Rodri?

No, united thought they would stay at the top because they are man united and have some given right to be there. Some even seem like they still think that. City, however, will continue to push on and look to improve. united might be title contenders again, I certainly wouldn't bet against that, but they've got a lot of catching up to do.

not in my lifetime

We ll see.

Utd used to think City would stand still forever and got complacent, its part of the reason we were able to dissappear into the distance. Anybody who thinks them idiots aren't gonna get it right at some point is very misguided. The amount of money they'll spend they'll fluke getting it right at some stage. If and when that time comes I don't really want to be relying upon an auxillary cb, whose main position is dm and a rookie kid to make up our back 4 options.
The scouse haven’t yet, and that’s 30 years and counting. Fingers crossed the rags take as long

Your half right buddy. The only think I disagree on it the messaging coming out of the club and from the fans that we can make do with rotating fern and Garcia at the back, does not feel like City pushing on and looking to improve.

It could work but is fraught with potential difficulties.
I see. Well I am sure City are considering other options. But I see what you're saying, City are making a mistake not signing Harry Maguire and the team that does sign him will have done themselves a good bit of clever business (it's not overpaying in desperation), whatever they spend on him.

Exactly what I think.

I am just not keen on City managing the clubs expectations by suggesting garcia and Fern are an equally viable option. You don't go from tracking a proven Prem international to settling on a rookie and auxillary defender.
Taking the mick.
Yeah I'm on the same page. No one is higher on Eric Garcia than I am but I would feel much better about it if one of the three center backs in front of him wasn't Otamendi. He's been very good for us at times but he just makes me nervous still (not to mention that watching him at Copa America this summer was giving me serious flashbacks to his Pellegrini year). Stones spotty injury record is also of slight concern.

Last edited:
I see. Well I am sure City are considering other options. But I see what you're saying, City are making a mistake not signing Harry Maguire and the team that does sign him will have done themselves a good bit of clever business (it's not overpaying in desperation), whatever they spend on him.
That's it exactly.
I d be a lot more comfortable if he was going to Arsenal or Chelsea, even, but going to them seeing as they've had those 2 or 3 idiots at the back. He will Istrengthen them whether u think he's slow, make mistakes etc he will definitely improve their CB options. I never want them to improve in any shape or form and I suppose that's what gets my goat the most.

Yeah I'm on the same page. No one is higher on Eric Garcia than I am but I would feel much better about it if one of the three center backs in front of him wasn't Otamendi. He's been very good for us at times but he just makes me nervous still. Stones spotty injury record is also of slight concern.
I'm there with you. I can't remember if it was last season or the season before he featured heavily in the league Cup. He is without a star.
But like Foden he is going to need to develop and not really in size I'm talking about core strength. The kind of core strength sterling and b Silva have despite their size. There is no doubting his ability but it won't take for failing to bring a proven cb to at some point come back and hit City hard.
I can't think of any major club in Europe considering going about starting this season by rotating the cb position between a veteran dm at cb and or a very inexperienced cb. Pep for me is one of the GOAT but he's not Gandalf.

I'm there with you. I can't remember if it was last season or the season before he featured heavily in the league Cup. He is without a star.
But like Foden he is going to need to develop and not really in size I'm talking about core strength. The kind of core strength sterling and b Silva have despite their size. There is no doubting his ability but it won't take for failing to bring a proven cb to at some point come back and hit City hard.
I can't think of any major club in Europe considering going about starting this season by rotating the cb position between a veteran dm at cb and or a very inexperienced cb. Pep for me is one of the GOAT but he's not Gandalf.

I think he`s gone for the look with the grey cardy

It reminds me a little of how Stones and/or Danilo were also going to rotate in at DM...if everyone is healthy I doubt we’ll see much of it. The issue is that never happens so Laporte will just play every single game, which isn’t great. God forbid he picks up an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.