Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Yeah, but it is also a question of how much we need him. Is he someone who would significantly improve our starting eleven, in which case pay whatever it takes, or is he just someone who would be a nice option to have and give a bit of tactical flexibility, which is not worth breaking the bank for? Of course the other question is how much is it worth to have one of the best English players? Not getting the best English players tends to result in having to overpay for average English players anyway, who aren't actually good enough to play regularly for us. But let's be honest, the rags are willing to pay more because they need him more than us. For us he'd be one of four. For them, he'd be guaranteed to start every game.

2. blueinsa

blueinsa

I just dont see the lad in a Pep side.

Especially at the price being asked.

3. Nicholas van Whatsisface

Nicholas van Whatsisface

I just can’t see that we need him enough to warrant breaking our transfer record. It’s not like we need him in our squad at all costs.

Granted, a lot depends on Otamendi, and whether he still wants out now Vinnie has gone. But assuming he’s no longer determined to leave, we have Laporte, Stones and Otamendi as very experienced first team CBs, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis who we probably want to give some opportunities to in the National Cups, and Ferna who can fill in if we’re struggling through injury. And we have Sandler coming back from a year with Vinnie next summer.

That has the appearance of a really well balanced mix of age and capability, and just doesn’t strike me as a position of overwhelming need which requires a record-obliterating move for an above average but hardly unmissable player this summer.

4. sir baconface

sir baconface

We don’t get bent over for any Tom, Dick or Harry (see what I did?) but who’s to say we wouldn’t go balls out for someone we seriously coveted? I doubt if Maguire is that man.

lazerblue likes this.
  5. razman

razman

Not good enough for us ...but will improve the rags

6. Len Rum

Len Rum

Nuff said.
    Let's move on.

David 'El Mago' Silva likes this.
  7. BrianW

BrianW

Team supported:
    There's Only One City
    Only a matter of time now before we find out he was a Rags fan when he was an embryo, and that he is delighted to join "the biggest club in the world." (I reckon this BS gets put in their contracts over there.)

prestonibbo_mcfc likes this.
  8. hjm1962

hjm1962

If I was Harry,I would stay where I was...

9. Manc in London

Manc in London

With Leicester spending £40m on Tielmans, looking at buying a striker (cannot remember who but the fee apparently being north of £30m) and Thauvin (£28m according to reports), you have to think they have already agreed a deal to sell one of their main players. Maybe they are waiting to spend the money before the announcement is made so as not to alert clubs that they have loads of money burning a hole in their pocket.

10. Jazzman

Jazzman

Him and Phil Jones will scare away all opponents by their ugliness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.