Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't learn do they. They keep paying massive fees and going backwards. Lukaku, Pogba, Sanchez. Don't expect him to be that bad but he's not gonna solve it on his own.

Draw the curtains, grab your popcorn, get comfy, all set for another exciting episode...they do seem to making a dogs dinner of this window.
But if he stays at Leicester this season, could there be a chance we sign him next season?
You'll probably answer 'I hope not' but, personally, I think there's a chance if Pep does like him as reports suggest.
Leicester don't need to sell him. If he's worth 70m this season, he'll be worth the same next season. He said he's willing to stay at LCFC so there's no reason to sell him unless they get an offer they can't refuse.
It would take a desperate offer from united to prise him away. When Leicester say 90m, they might mean 90m! Are united really that desperate? Probably but let's see.
Fast forward 12 months; Maguire is still at Leicester but he now wants UCL football and higher wages that City can offer him. Leicester realise City were not prepared to pay over the odds the previous year, Maguire has a year less on his contract and they respect the fact he didn't push for a move sooner.

I still think, if united don't sign him and we don't find an alternative, there's still a chance we could sign him next year.

Seems a reasonable conclusion, but I fully expect Utd are absolutely that desperate!

I'm glad about us not getting Maguire, but the idea we try for four competitions with Stones, Otamendi, Laporte and Garcia is just a risk that doesn't need taking.

Garcia isn't ready, Otamendi is a player I like but is capable of absolutely losing his cool in the biggest moments, and then you have Stones who was only trusted for one of the run in games last season.

Laporte is brilliant, but we need a proper partner for him.

But if he stays at Leicester this season, could there be a chance we sign him next season?
You'll probably answer 'I hope not' but, personally, I think there's a chance if Pep does like him as reports suggest.
Leicester don't need to sell him. If he's worth 70m this season, he'll be worth the same next season. He said he's willing to stay at LCFC so there's no reason to sell him unless they get an offer they can't refuse.
It would take a desperate offer from united to prise him away. When Leicester say 90m, they might mean 90m! Are united really that desperate? Probably but let's see.
Fast forward 12 months; Maguire is still at Leicester but he now wants UCL football and higher wages that City can offer him. Leicester realise City were not prepared to pay over the odds the previous year, Maguire has a year less on his contract and they respect the fact he didn't push for a move sooner.

I still think, if united don't sign him and we don't find an alternative, there's still a chance we could sign him next year.
Yeah I’d go along with that. Could be a Mahrez situation where his price drops slightly as a sign of good will.

I think the rags are desperate enough to pay the money this summer though.

Not for me. City are managed brilliantly and we should not pay ridiculous fees. Maguire is not worth over 60m for me.

These types of arguments have been done to death on pretty much every clubs forum. The market is set for sellers (At least as far as EPL purchases go), not for buyers. The days of top clubs bullying less fashionable clubs is ending. (You can thank broadcasters for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.