Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
These types of arguments have been done to death on pretty much every clubs forum. The market is set for sellers (At least as far as EPL purchases go), not for buyers. The days of top clubs bullying less fashionable clubs is ending. (You can thank broadcasters for that)

Maybe so. But our policy/strategy has worked quite well so far.

Yes, although Jorginho wasn't nearly as bad as the media like to portray, he was criticised because it meant Kante was shifted. Jorginho under Pep with the players we have and the way we play would have been fine.

I never said he was bad. The point I was trying to make is that we had targets and didn't overpay just to get them. We've been patient and went with other targets and have been more or less fine.

Maybe so. But our policy/strategy has worked quite well so far.

Absolutely, you are correct. With Utd seeming all over the shop and a higher bid seeming likely, and Harry indicating he wants to go to Utd (If media is too be believed - cough cough), then it looks extremely likely he goes there this summer. Therefore I meant I find it unlikely he would be available the following summer. (But I agree with concept should he be available next summer)

We can send him and Nacho up on a one-way ticket.... :)

These types of arguments have been done to death on pretty much every clubs forum. The market is set for sellers (At least as far as EPL purchases go), not for buyers. The days of top clubs bullying less fashionable clubs is ending. (You can thank broadcasters for that)
You don"t need to tell City fans that mate.

Absolutely, you are correct. With Utd seeming all over the shop and a higher bid seeming likely, and Harry indicating he wants to go to Utd (If media is too be believed - cough cough), then it looks extremely likely he goes there this summer. Therefore I meant I find it unlikely he would be available the following summer. (But I agree with concept should he be available next summer)

We can send him and Nacho up on a one-way ticket.... :)

Yeah understand your point... Btw Leicester too seem very well run and are building a really good squad imo. Will be interesting to see who they target and what price you’re quoted if Maguire leaves.

Yeah understand your point... Btw Leicester too seem very well run and are building a really good squad imo. Will be interesting to see who they target and what price you’re quoted if Maguire leaves.

Cheers - Summer business is good so far, very much attacking improvements which was needed. Apparently a right sided attacker/winger still to come.

Replacing Harry is a difficult one. We spent 30m on two CBs last summer. Both seem good, Benkovic did very well on loan at Celtic (So Rodgers knows him very well), but his injury record looks sketchy. Soyuncu was highly rated but hardly features, hopefully just an adjustment period.

Everyones favourite JFE was actually our best defender last season not Harry, so hopefully we buy a CB prospect and develop them over the next year or so (Like have done for RB, as I am sure we see Ricardo as out next summer for ££££).

Hope you all have a great season (Don`t think we are quite challenging yet ;) )

If he stays and they keep hold of Madison et al with the signings which seem pretty decent and ambitious ones, their's no reason Leicester couldn't challenge for 4th, I think City,Liverpool,Spurs are pretty secure but Chelsea, Arsenal,Rags all look passable for the likes of Leicester,Wolves,Everton ( All 3 in an idea scenario)

If the rags do get him for silly money I just don't think hes that good to fix all their defensive issues, and although he'll improve the rags for sure I'ld still fancy Leicester to spend the dosh of 2/3 players and be capable of finishing above the rags whilst the rags generate more financial mismanagement and have another player on huge wages who everyone else wants parity with.

The only minor downside to this would be I'ld no longer to be able to say come on sladhead get ya slabhead on it at England corners.

I think it's unlikely at £75m plus that Man City would be in the market for Maguire, and yet if we don't, why haven't City moved for an alternative? Are we even in for a central defender? I don't know. Pre-season is upon us now, so I have my doubts as to whether MCFC are in for a central defender. It would be unlike City to leave a position until late in the window. There is a thought that City want Maguire, and Ake is the back-up. If that's true, then that would suggest City are still in for Maguire. Who knows

Leicester with or without Maguire have a very good chance of finishing above the Rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.