Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

I don't think Stones omission was anything to do with trust. Something happened with his injury and personal life, that I believe
    Pep thought he was better off not playing. I believe if Pep doesn't trust a player then he won't be in the squad.

Back on topic. I'm not bothered either way about Maguire. I'm like that with all transfers.
    If they turn up, then fine and if they don't, we still have a great squad capable of another
    fantastic season.

2. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

The way we operate is to identify key areas for strengthening - but there is a time scale associated with priorities and the squad restrictions to deal with. You have to be thin in some areas as that is the nature of the limitation on squad size.
    We look at the squad composition very carefully, English players sit on a different list so you might go for an English player in one position where you wouldn't or can't use a foreign spot or the timing is wrong i.e. you know one player will leave next summer so you can wait or you have to wait.
    We have freed up 1 foreign spot this summer with Vinny and used it on Rodri. The biggest priority area was CDM and it's been addressed.
    It is not automatic that 1 type of player goes and we bring in like for like - the full dynamic comes into play. For Maguire and Ake the fact they qualify as Home Grown and Delph might fancy a move brings them into contention but if the prices go too high then we move on.

prestonibbo_mcfc likes this.
  3. Tevez City

Tevez City

Lets hope United pay 90m for him
    +300 k per week

And then see them finish 6 again

Kinkladze 1 and nmc like this.
  4. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

It's a good call for City to withdraw from this one. I actually think Maguire is a brilliant player but we have a long-term plan and can't afford to damage our team spirit by paying over the odds for anyone. Good luck to Maguire, especially if he stays at Leicester. He would do a great job for the Rags but it would not be the right move for him at this time.

5. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

I'd prefer we signed him or he stays at Leicester, and utd finish relegated or bottom half at best.

6. Bill

Bill

You don't say.

7. jackmarczuk

jackmarczuk

We should go for Alderweireld 100% and he is linked with Roma, that sounds kinda ridiculous!!!

bobmcfc likes this.
  8. billymumphrey

billymumphrey

I think it should be mandatory for any posts like this to also include which foreign player we would forgo from the squad to accommodate this...

manchester blue and bumbleblue like this.
  9. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

Ideally it would be Bravo, but now we've loaned out Muric I guess not.

10. cibaman

cibaman

Despite being right footed he nearly always plays left centre back. He's very unlikely to displace Laporte from that position so we would be playing a club record fee for a defender who would struggle to play in his favourite position.

Kinkladze 1 and Blu1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.