Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richards30

richards30

Still don’t think this is over to be honest. I think if Danilo wants to stay and pep is happy with that then the Cancelo cash maybe transferred to this deal. Personally think we need another CB.

The Riot Club and Keeper! like this.
  2. Marvin

Marvin

Did it even get started?

I think Utd may move for him if they agree terms with Inter to sell Lukaku.

3. Ye me 2. Can't see Maguire in a blue shirt next season if I'm honest.

Not really bothered either way as well tbh.

4. Keeper!

Keeper!

Whatever happens we need a new CB. Kompany gone, Otto in decline and Stones delicate.

ninjamonkey and The Riot Club like this.
  5. Marvin

Marvin

I think so too, but then I don't know how good the younger City players like Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, and Sandler are.

Foden was a st team squad player at 18 for City and possibly a one-off. Harwood-Bellis is 17. Eric Garcia is 18, but Sandler is the right age at 22.

I think Kompany left one year too early for us. Perhaps the club tour will give us a clue. Are they going to feature?

6. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Strangely quite on the Plan B front

7. silva_is_god21

silva_is_god21

Sandier would take up a foreign spot and is going to anderlecht anyways.

8. SkyBlueCanuck

SkyBlueCanuck

I think that this is just how many of our transfers will go from here on.

It took us what, 3 or 4 windows to finally get our man to be Fernandinho's long term replacement? We pursue the sort of players that attract considerable attention so we will have other suitors circling them and selling clubs who act like the hottest girl at the dance.

If we get our man this time, that's great. He will have more time to become one of Pep's Own. If we don't, I trust that there are other targets, who may even be better, that we will hunt for either in this or a subsequent transfer window. Or, better still, we may even have academy lads who grow into the role.

Maybe I'm naive, but I have tremendous confidence in Pep/Txiki/Ferran. Between those 3 and our Sheikh, it'll all work out.

9. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

Could be worse mate,it's also strangely quiet on the rags "plan R" front.

doobyedoobye likes this.
  10. banbury_blue

banbury_blue

The arsehole of the country wishing I wasn't here
    Agree with the vast majority of this, Vinnie was selected for his experience in the last 5 games and his leadership and ability to calm other around him, however I winced whenever he was selected in the big games as you just knew he was likely to pick up a yellow early on by body checking a faster forward (united away especially)

Having Vinnie actually fit enough for these games in a row was a miracle but from the start of the season Laporte and Stones was undoubtedly the first choice pairing and I’m sure we’ll see him back to his best this time round.

Also, I’m not against having Maguire sign, no matter the cost because if Pep thinks he’d be an improvement then it’s good enough reasoning for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.