Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would improve us, because Kompany has left us a year earlier than expected, but if it was my money, I'd have stopped short at £60m. I don't think it's a good idea to buy players with short term problems - lack of experience for our 4th choice young defenders - unless they are out of this world.

If we buy Maguire for £80m, we probably say goodbye to the best young players at the club. Unlikely to happen.

I don't think you need him, you have good CBs already, maybe not enough but thats up to Pep and your board to decide. I was only trying to highlight that to Leicester he is a differentiating factor, this is not the case for you guys. Of course, such a player may improve you further, but again, these are the risks that Pep/Your club get paid the big bucks to make.
cheers

It wouldn't surprise me if City had worded Maguire and Leicester up to say we will give you £60mil next season once Otemendi and Mangala have gone. Leicester don't want to lose Maguire this summer, City can't justify £80mil for him and I doubt if given a choice he really wants to play for United and Solsjaer

He would do well to stay there, learn under Rodgers who is an infinitely better coach than Solsjaer and come to City in 12 months

zz

so why isn't it enough

Stones has yet to play a full season without injury. Both Stones and Laporte will need to be rotated because of work load/ possible injuries/ off form.

Otamendi is washed now, was never good enough for a Pep system aside the good run of form he had but that's 2 years ago, he's aged and he's definitely not the brightest or quickest. Fernandinho on the other hand is 34, he can probably fill in there for a game or 2 but not more than that. The need is quite evident.

Stones has yet to play a full season without injury. Both Stones and Laporte will need to be rotated because of work load/ possible injuries/ off form.

Otamendi is washed now, was never good enough for a Pep system aside the good run of form he had but that's 2 years ago, he's aged and he's definitely not the brightest or quickest. Fernandinho on the other hand is 34, he can probably fill in there for a game or 2 but not more than that. The need is quite evident.
well pep seems alot more confident with the players at his disposal so I'm happy to go along with him and I'm more than happy to go in the season with those 4 plus the kids than spunk 80 million on that bloke

If we don't get anyone in I'm comfortable with Danilo. I wouldn't want to see Fern play there too much, we need him at CM unless there's a real urgency elsewhere.

When he came to us he was described as being able to play CB.... and although only a pre-season trial, I did see him having the right ability to do a job there.

well pep seems alot more confident with the players at his disposal so I'm happy to go along with him and I'm more than happy to go in the season with those 4 plus the kids than spunk 80 million on that bloke

I'm definitely not one for wanting Maguire for us either but we still need a centre half before the window shuts I feel. Of course Pep knows best but even he's admitted there could be an addition else he'll obviously have to go into season with what he has.

If we don't get anyone in I'm comfortable with Danilo. I wouldn't want to see Fern play there too much, we need him at CM unless there's a real urgency elsewhere.

When he came to us he was described as being able to play CB.... and although only a pre-season trial, I did see him having the right ability to do a job there.

Comfortable with Danilo at CB? If so, what are you basing this on; 30 minutes in a pre season friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.