Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalyst

catalyst

It can happen now that Angeliño is here. And if we buy Cancelo. If not, still possible. We played the back 3 with Ferna against Arsenal quite brilliantly, they could not get a clue of what was happening.

2. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    Angelino is supposed to be good going forward so maybe it is a possibility.....he has looked very poor to say the least int he two openers and easily the worst player on the pitch with the young lads outshining him as well. Lets hope Pep can work his magic..No reason why he cannt

3. gingerprince

gingerprince

We have needed depth in CB options previously, as we were aware that Kompany

would be lucky to play half a season based on previous experience. It was fortunate

in the run in that he was available for majority of those games, as his experience and

quality were needed. Posters have seemed to concentrate on whether Stones is "up

to it" or whether his personal and or England woes would impact him and or whether

"Pep trusts him", I have no idea on those situations & likely many other posters dont.

My biggest concern is Laporte....Everyone seems to just take it for granted, based on

his fantastic performances bar maybe x1 game hes No1 on the CB teamsheet this year.

My concern is that if he was to get an injury and become unavailable similar to KDB last

year, then how strong is the CB pool without him and Kompany, this season in comparison

to last season? We dont really have a quality left defensive full back. We have Mendy and

Zinchenko and now Angelino. All x3 of those perform better further up the pitch which is

why we are so successful as we tend to be there LOL. However, against the better sides

its Laporte who has been playing one & a half positions when we are defending the ball.

Thankfully, this year we have brought in a quality addition/replacement for Fernandhino,

I think Laporte and Ederson positions are now the positions we would find it difficult in

substituting from the squad pool. Other midfield & or striker unavailable for a period can

be covered, more easily, including Sergio, by rotation and or change of position or setup.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. asahartford1

asahartford1

Lovely sonnet

5. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Painful even looking at the post, lol, never mind reading it!

6. Uffa

Uffa

Team supported:
    Juventus
    Yes, I was going to comment on his superb use of blank verse open couplets. A serious candidate for the Nobel prize in Literature.

7. cookster

cookster

How do you know we wasted any time on the deal? We could have just been used to increase the price.

8. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

So we need centre back cover for Kompany and it looks from the outside that United are going to outbid City for Maguire.
    But it is just 'cover'.
    With Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo etc. available I would like him to pursue a centre forward

9. vincent

vincent

We don’t and that’s why I said ‘if the reports are true’

10. BufordUSABlue

BufordUSABlue

Team supported:
    Only football team to come from Manchester

Wow - so many incorrect opinions on this post, its hard to know where to start !
    Otta as much as I love him and he has been fantastic for us in the past,(remember 18 months is a long time in Football - at his age and also considering the miles he has) is not 'far superior' to McGuire. He also would not start for 'every other side in the Prem' !!
    VK was never a 'liability'
    Ferdi may cover well for the older Vinny, never ever the all conquering Vinny!
    Garcia is miles away from even being spoken about in the same breath as VK at the moment!
    However, I will agree with you that Stonesy needs to prove himself now, but I really don't see him as a natural leader at present...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.