Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For such a big lad, he certainly shit himself at the thought of putting his big ugly napper in front of Kompany's thunderbolt.

It was telling that pep said we are possibly looking at a CB and only said that maguire was a Leicester player? Pep always dismisses the bullshit rumours straight away?

After everything that is written on here I am still not sure whether majority want him or not. Personally I think we can do without him if Ota stays, which is looking more likely by the day, with Academy players and Fern/Walker etc acting as a fourth centre half. Just my opinion. Sorry but no player except world class is worth 80m.

Name a team in the Prem Otamendi would not start for? He’s better than Matip who played near enough every game for Liverpool, he’d captain United & Arsenal. He’s better than Luiz. He’s on a par with anything Spurs have.

He’s better on the ball, better front foot defender, better anticipation & reading of the game than Maguire. If you want to watch Maguire clear limitations, watch us beat Leicester 5-1 in the centurions league winning season. The lad had no idea where Aguero is all game.

I love Kompany as much as the next man, but he often looked a liability on the ball early in the season and vast parts of the season before. He was however excellent for the run in, but many forget, Stones was exceptional in the early months.

Otamendi was very good when called upon. He just wasn’t given opportunity to regain his consistency. I’d have no worries about him once he was in the groove.

Kompany will be a big loss, no doubting that, but I personally don’t see Maquire getting close to filling that void and happy if we let him cause more havoc at the rags.

First of all, my apologies, as there is no such thing as an 'incorrect opinion' as by definition that's what they are...… an opinion and if its different to yours, it doesn't make them any less valid ;-)

Listen, I love Otta and he's been immense for us. My opinion, is that his best days are behind him and I hope to Gawd I am wrong blue! We should agree to disagree on which teams he would catch, needless to say none of the top 6 for a start and that's the point. We shouldn't be looking at any player, current and prospective, if they are not, at very least top 3 in Premier standard.

IF (and its a huge IF) Eric, Stonesy and Otta stay fit, I think we are covered at CB, especially as Ferdi can play there in an emergency. But, should we (the back-to-back champions and Fourmidables!) be going into a new season somewhat on a hope and a prayer, when our leader and best CH for many years has departed...… to not replace him at all is madness IMO!

I'm certainly not convinced on McGuire, but he would give us massive presence in ours/opponent's boxes, especially at set pieces which are always a concern to me,. Nowhere in this world is he worth anywhere near the 80M that's being banded about, although I do believe that figure is coming from the media.

If the talked about bids are on a par and he chooses the Rags. then it tells you something about the man and his ambition's, or lack thereof!

The pursuit of Maguire is an odd one. Not a bad player - gets unfair criticism on this thread but the price quoted is ridiculous. I hear that x and y can step in but a lot will depend for me on Laporte. He’s our new bedrock at the back - if he plays Stones, Ota or Fernandinho can step in. Lose Laporte and it’ll look very different in a big game. Wouldn’t want to start a UCL semi Final with stand ins at CB but then again we could be virtually injury free all season and have players getting pissed off on the bench. It’s a tough call to spend circa £80m on a contingency- that you may or may not need.

losing Vincent has hit us two-fold On the pitch and more so as a Captain when we needed his vocal infiuence in the dressing room Maguire who did a good job for England with Stones has to be considered Of course anything over £60 Mill is OTT but we are working in a market that is awash with money inflated to the very extent that our neighbours are fighting to give the goalkeeper, who couldnt catch a cold last season. somewhere south of £350,OOO A WEEK Can we afford Maguire is not the question we need to answer, its Can we afford to do without him? if Laporte/Stones suffer injury which keeps them out for any length of time would the reliable but rash Otto fill you with confidence on your way up to Anfield? or would you be on edge if he so much as breathed on Mane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.