Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. I'm saying the reason why people say that is because they are considering the opportunity cost and not just the player in a vacuum.

Yes, you get the same player at either price, but at price X there probably wasn't any better player you could have gotten instead, at price Y there is.

Thus, it makes sense to like Maguire at 45 million ( as all the other players you could have gotten at that price were no more likely to be successful), however at 90 million perhaps you could lure a De Ligt or a Koulibally.

It's the opportunity cost that makes him unlikeable at price Y vs price X

We wont buy cheap because a player is cheap

If any player is the right player for us, his cost is immaterial and, if we deem £90m for Maguire is acceptable, then we obviously think he is irrespective of the price tag of others.

I think lots of people knew how good VVD would be.

And I don't think we balked. He was just set on going to Pool. And that's fine

Thinkbwe did balk at the fee but yep he was tapped up had a chat with klopp so his heart was set on Liverpool. Think we thought he was good player but not as good as we thought he was going to be last season where he was world class.

We wont buy cheap because a player is cheap

If any player is the right player for us, his cost is immaterial and, if we deem £90m for Maguire is acceptable, then we obviously think he is irrespective of the price tag of others.
Wrong. Price point and fit are both considerations. If the club thinks Maguire is worth 90 million that's there evaluation. But I'm explaining the reasoning behind a fan saying I like player A at price X but not price Y.

Even our front office does the same thing. We wanted Sanchez , but at a specific price. He became more expensive and we passed. I.e.they liked him at price X but not Y.

Thinkbwe did balk at the fee but yep he was tapped up had a chat with klopp so his heart was set on Liverpool. Think we thought he was good player but not as good as we thought he was going to be last season where he was world class.
I know people hate statistics here, but he had Been a top 5 defender statistically in Europe's top 5 league for 2 years prior to and the season he moved and the #1 defender his last year at Southampton. He was already World Class at Southampton... Just needed a big club move.

Yep I remember kaldoon saying 75m in amazement in that inside city video.

I know people hate statistics here, but he had Been a top 5 defender statistically in Europe's top 5 league for 2 years prior to and the season he moved and the #1 defender his last year at Southampton. He was already World Class at Southampton... Just needed a big club move.

Fair enough personally rather really judge a player at a top team when the pressure is on and you have to win games.

Wrong. Price point and fit are both considerations. If the club thinks Maguire is worth 90 million that's there evaluation. But I'm explaining the reasoning behind a fan saying I like player A at price X but not price Y.

Even our front office does the same thing. We wanted Sanchez , but at a specific price. He became more expensive and we passed. I.e.they liked him at price X but not Y.
we will leave it there as we obviously see things differently

Fair enough personally rather really judge a player at a top team when the pressure is on and you have to win games.
Agreed. He showed similar capacity at Southampton, but the Balon dor considerations only come when you do it on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.