Harry's Heroes: Euro Having A Laugh

Not sure what some people were expecting. Its a group of overage footy players going playing a few games of footy and having a laugh. If you were expecting a masterpiece then more fool you.

Not sure what some people were expecting. Its a group of overage footy players going playing a few games of footy and having a laugh. If you were expecting a masterpiece then more fool you.
I was quite surprised how once elite athletes had let themselves go. Running around like an over 50s pub side.

I was quite surprised how once elite athletes had let themselves go. Running around like an over 50s pub side.

Only watch bits and I didn't warm to it. Re the players fitness - many will have totally fucked there legs during their careers so it's no surprise to me that they cant run. At the same time they don't have jobs so no reason why they cant do other types of exercise.

I think some people are just letting their football loyalties take precedence. Personally, I’ve got little time for ‘Arry the spiv and I think Merson is a bit of a cock based on some of the shite he’s spouted about City on Soccer Saturday down the years but as @gordondaviesmoustache once said, it’s doubtful those are Merson’s own views anyway and it’s more than likely him being used as a mouthpiece to push an agenda set by the programme makers.

However, despite my reservations about certain people in the show, I still watched it because there are people in it who I find likeable plus it goes way beyond a load of blokes going on a jolly, and it focuses on other issues such as mental health, physical health, and addiction, none of which are laughing matters. Whatever my views on Merson, he came across well and has turned things round in the past 12 months. While he’s an alcoholic (by his own admission), I got the impression that Ruddock isn’t and his issues are to do with thinking he’s 18 and can still binge drink, eat shite food, and be one of the lads.

Anyone who thinks the programme was just an excuse for a jolly-up should watch the conversation between Vinnie Jones, Lee Hendrie, and Merson.
I think there’s enough hate in the world for someone as conspicuously stupid and as easily exploited as Merson to be deserving of mine.

Phil Thompson on the other hand...

well said mate, and it's a shame we can't enjoy ex players having a game v Germany - it's a bit of light entertainment, but nope - you must instead dismiss it and call every ex player a c*nt and show how much hate you can vent.

I put it on and it's the obligatory xenophobic English lads on tour. An embarrassment of a programme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.