Harry's heroes.

paulchapo

Having far too much time on my hands I watched this over the two nights, it passed a couple of hours. Anyone who is feeling they may have let themselves go as they age should go and watch this on catch up. These were top class athletes just a few years ago and I reckon I am in better nick and have a good few years on most of them. Razor Ruddock was never slim but the saying, "Who ate all the pies?" Was invented for him.

Turned off after the recording of the World in Motion song.
The part where Wright and Parlour leave fried chicken on the door for Barnes to start eating was cringeworthy as fuck.

it was 3 hours I will never get back. They tried to touch on relevant issues such as footballers mental health, addiction etc but it was poorly done. The only moment of note and it was a moment, was Steve Howey replacing Razor as a sub. It was not a good advert for men growing old graciously. Those that were pricks in their younger days RR, Fowler, Merson, remained pricks.

it was 3 hours I will never get back. They tried to touch on relevant issues such as footballers mental health, addiction etc but it was poorly done. The only moment of note and it was a moment, was Steve Howey replacing Razor as a sub. It was not a good advert for men growing old graciously. Those that were pricks in their younger days RR, Fowler, Merson, remained pricks.

I have to agree it wasn't done well. Incredibly they reckon Ruddock had lost FIVE stone before they shot that programme, bloody hell he was huge in it so God knows what he looked like before.

It was too long with too many predictable self indulgent in-jokes about diet and fast food etc

The only interesting revelation for me was when Fowler confessed to his goal celebrations backfiring, essentially because despite his reputation, he'd never actually taken drugs.

For some reason, I then googled Fowlers spell at City, which was actually better than I remembered. albeit my immediate recollections were pretty low.

Watched some of it. Actually felt sorry for Merson with his breakdown in the Taxi. i thought he came across as very lonely and still in the stranglehold of gambling and other vices. Fowler didn't seem to have lost his goal scoring touch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.