Harvey Weinstein.

I had little faith of a positive outcome so I am pleased for the moment - hopefully money & lawyers via appeals won't see things reversed. He's a vile cretin, along with his brother - the stories & articles from those who have worked for him are pretty tough to stomach. I echo much of what I have read, how did so many people turn a blind eye to what was going on? Fear? Money? Or simply a lack of courage?

Would very much hope redemption for his victims will come in the form of more than money but prison giving him just what he has long deserved

There were quite a few on here slagging off the me2 movement,accusing the women of making things up,wish i could remember who as i would tag you

The issue with the #metoo movement at the time was its almost became a women vs men fight that painted all men as predators and all women as victims which is not only wrong, its unhelpful.

This **** has got his just deserts, rightfully so and that is all that matters.

I see the snake has already been admitted to hospital, not a prison hospital either. I bet he doesn't do many nights in jail. Money is power ask Ernest Saunders, the only man ever to recover from Alzheimer's after being released from prison and go on to run a business.

The issue with the #metoo movement at the time was its almost became a women vs men fight that painted all men as predators and all women as victims which is not only wrong, its unhelpful.

This **** has got his just deserts, rightfully so and that is all that matters.

This This This!
I have two daughters in their early twenties and a by product of #metoo is they have both lost their ability to think critically about this and other subjects. It's very sad.

Harvey Weinstein was a well known **** in the industry and yet all the women who met him on the way up chose to do nothing for years as it wasn't in their self interest. He's got what he deserves now but how many women had to suffer his behaviour because those before chose to say nothing!

Just watching Loose Women, which opened with an article about Weinstein, saying how good it is that these women have secured convictions against him. Fully agree with that.

They went on to discuss divorce parties. Janet Street Porter commented about her four divorces, and went on to say she has previously had two male lodgers, one of whom stayed rent free, on the condition (or understanding) that he had sex with her, whenever she wanted it. They all laughed at the hilarity of this.

Can you imagine if a male landlord went on TV bragging that he allows women to stay with him for free on the condition that he can have sex with them? There would be outrage! Not least from Janet Street Porter and her Loose Women.

I commented to the wife about this, and she said the Weinstein case is very different. I'm not fully clued up with his case, but was there an element of no sex = no part in my movie?

I find it hypocritical that these women can laugh and joke about a woman's sexual habits, but if a man does the same, he would be strongly castigated.

Difference between 1st degree and 3rd degree rape is probably a $3m legal bill. Sadly I don’t see this oxygen thief getting a lot of cell time in a hard-arsed prison.

This This This!
I have two daughters in their early twenties and a by product of #metoo is they have both lost their ability to think critically about this and other subjects. It's very sad.

Harvey Weinstein was a well known **** in the industry and yet all the women who met him on the way up chose to do nothing for years as it wasn't in their self interest. He's got what he deserves now but how many women had to suffer his behaviour because those before chose to say nothing!
Do you not understand that if you are sexually assaulted by a rich powerful man that you feel you have no chance of getting him arrested,it's notoriously difficult to get a positive outcome in the courts,you cannot blame any single one of them ,so don 't do it,it takes finding out others are in the same boat and an enormous courage to do what they have done

Just watching Loose Women, which opened with an article about Weinstein, saying how good it is that these women have secured convictions against him. Fully agree with that.

They went on to discuss divorce parties. Janet Street Porter commented about her four divorces, and went on to say she has previously had two male lodgers, one of whom stayed rent free, on the condition (or understanding) that he had sex with her, whenever she wanted it. They all laughed at the hilarity of this.

Can you imagine if a male landlord went on TV bragging that he allows women to stay with him for free on the condition that he can have sex with them? There would be outrage! Not least from Janet Street Porter and her Loose Women.

I commented to the wife about this, and she said the Weinstein case is very different. I'm not fully clued up with his case, but was there an element of no sex = no part in my movie?

I find it hypocritical that these women can laugh and joke about a woman's sexual habits, but if a man does the same, he would be strongly castigated.

I'd rather sleep in a skip than throw one up Janet Street Porter.

Do you not understand that if you are sexually assaulted by a rich powerful man that you feel you have no chance of getting him arrested,it's notoriously difficult to get a positive outcome in the courts,you cannot blame any single one of them ,so don 't do it,it takes finding out others are in the same boat and an enormous courage to do what they have done
I can blame every single one of them. By not reporting a crime they put other women at risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.