Has anyone got artificial grass in their garden?

Yes I have some at the side that someone gave us .

My lawn is quite large but I prefer proper grass

Sues dog Nell wouldn't go in her yard late at night until I gave her some .

Was at a house today that had it. Looks great and must pay for itself over time when u think about the time spent mowing and cost of mowers, etc.

Will collect dirt and grime over time so not totally maintenance free.

Also,if rubber crumb filled research carbon black nano particles. There is some concern they might be the next aspestos

Yes I have it been down 5 years now, still looks great much like real grass, very dog and kid friendly, great for lying on in the sun it heats up when the sun hits it

I did my own 8x5 garden, removed my turf, put a membrane down, then grit sand and stone,wackier plated and more membrane then put the astro down, had to joint it in the middle as it came in 4m wide rolls and that was easy, goes down like a carpet

When it pisses down it is dry within 15mins, it never holds any water and I can honestly say it is well worth the outlay

No offence to the people that have it but, if I saw it over here, it would probably be in a trailer park, ie:

IMG_5228.jpg

trailer_park_boys.jpg

Miester said:
Will collect dirt and grime over time so not totally maintenance free.

Also,if rubber crumb filled research carbon black nano particles. There is some concern they might be the next aspestos
You wouldn't have that or sand in a garden, only for commercial use, the grass itself is very heavy so as long as it is pegged around the edges it won't go anywhere, in fact if I hadn't pegged it wouldn't move it's that heavy

So no worries about nano particles or whatever

Barcon said:
No offence to the people that have it but, if I saw it over here, it would probably be in a trailer park, ie:

IMG_5228.jpg

trailer_park_boys.jpg
That's the cheap shit anyway mate, it's like the putting green stuff that, the real stuff that has blades that look like grass and even different shades of browns and greens make it look like real grass

Have a trip to Bents Garden center off the east lancs.
In the outside bit a company called Paramount sell artificial Grass, decking and conservatories.
We bought the decking from them (special pvc based decking anti slip etc), anyway at fisrt we wanted artificial grass but in the end decided against it.
Can't remember how much it was.

big blueballs said:
Yes I have it been down 5 years now, still looks great much like real grass, very dog and kid friendly, great for lying on in the sun it heats up when the sun hits it

I did my own 8x5 garden, removed my turf, put a membrane down, then grit sand and stone,wackier plated and more membrane then put the astro down, had to joint it in the middle as it came in 4m wide rolls and that was easy, goes down like a carpet

When it pisses down it is dry within 15mins, it never holds any water and I can honestly say it is well worth the outlay

Would be interested in seeing that if you have any picks?

When you say dog friendly what do you mean - this will sound grim to a non dog owner, but what do you do when the piss / do a sticky turd on the grass? Ha Ha cant believe i am asking this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.