Has anyone on here played professionally?

peoffrey

Team supported
Wales
As it says. Or even Semi Pro at a reasonable level?

What’s it like? I’ve always been cynical as to whether our support from the stands and terraces makes any difference to you.

I’d love to have played but I’m inept at all sport.

Had one season at Coventry when I was 17 before being released.
However, I did ref at semi pro level - Vanarama. Probably biggest crowd was an FA Vase game Whitley Bay V Coalville about 2 years before these 2 met in the final. Crowd was about 5k as neither Newcastle or Sunderland playing that weekend. I can honestly say that after about 5 minutes you really do not hear the crowd.

Not properly but played as a kid in Carlisle United's youth teams, which led to scouts and visits at some interesting places - Celtic, Newcastle, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, sadly never City but I was never really good enough. Got into music afterward which was my thing and have enjoyed watching City on the weekend far more than playing on the mud soaked fields of North West England

As it says. Or even Semi Pro at a reasonable level?

What’s it like? I’ve always been cynical as to whether our support from the stands and terraces makes any difference to you.

I’d love to have played but I’m inept at all sport.
Played for 3 seasons at Stalybridge Celtic (semi pro) sadly let go and never managed to progress suppose I wasn't quite good enough I always look back on my nearly made it moment with fond memories

shit footballer but also a semi-pro ref (not quite as high as @richardtheref)

biggest game i was involved in was also a vase game, south shields v morpeth which ended up being abandoned due to floodlight failure, julio arca got sent off!mad game

Late 70s my neighbour took me a couple of times to train with the Palace 1st team on Mitcham Common. Amazing experience, but it didn't lead anywhere for me, so that's the closest I've come to pro level.

Played half a match for Barrow pre season and trained with Winsford. Pain in the arse to get to training mid week with work so didn't progress it. Also had two trial games lined up with Newport before they went under but the first one coincided with fourth round tie away at Luton (1988) so I sacked off the trials to go to the match. We lost 3-1 and Newport went under a few months later.

Played for 3 seasons at Stalybridge Celtic (semi pro) sadly let go and never managed to progress suppose I wasn't quite good enough I always look back on my nearly made it moment with fond memories

Does vocal support from the stands help spur you on?

I met Nicky Summerbee doing some fanzone work for a web channel but never asked him. Like others, I’ve spent a stupid amount of money watching football and it’d nice to know how the pros perceive us.

I’ve never been particularly interested to meet Aguero or Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.