Has anyone on here played professionally?

But is it really true? Look at players like Milner, Henderson, Konchesky etc. So what you're saying is that Milner would have been 5000 levels above all of you in your school. And Milner is bang bang average.

People have an issue with Milner on here, due to the circumstances he left us in. Personally I don't, he was great for us, fulfilled his contract and was totally dedicated to or cause. It is hard to argue against him making the right decision and he has earned a lot more money than if he had stayed with us, won another title and the champions League. He has been a really good player for every club he has played for, for over 15 years, in the Premier League, He is far from an average player.

In regards to other players. Johnathan Macken was the year above me in school and Ronnie Wallwork comes from Newton Heath. Macken I got to see regularly and he was so much better than everyone else, it was unreal. He was deadly clinical. Ronnie was a different matte,r as he got sent to the England school of excellence from a young age. His ability was spoken about in hushed tones really, it was as if destined to be a star. Both ended up being decent Championship lever players. The consensus now is that Macken made the most of his ability and can look back with pride at his career. There is an air with of disappointment in regards to Ronnie though. Disregarding all the issues that came after his football career, most people seem to think he should have been a regular player for a decent premier league team. Injuries ravaged him and he never pushed on. Shame really as he had all the attributes to be a very good centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.