Has Manchester lost too many of it's old pubs in town

We somehow derailed th media thread with chat about Branigans, the cellar bar in the Royal Exchange.
Was then chatting with an old mate tonight about the legendary Horts in St Anne’s Square.
Both MASSSIVE blue strongholds of the 80s/90s.
My maye was a proper red but he remembered the place next to Horts, was called Ronnie’s. A late gaff
And of course the Cyprus/Conti which again were City gaffs
Monday nights in the Conti were fantastic.

Monday nights in the Conti were fantastic.
I thought it was Tuesday was ‘nurses night’ but I could be wrong.
I do remember my previously quiet and unassuming brother having a mad brawl with a psychobilly outside. He was 17 and this lad was mid 20s at least.
Once our kid won won we just walked in. The bouncer watched it all unfold from start to finish and then just said ‘good hands, enjoy your night’

I thought it ws Tuesday was ‘nurses night’ but I could be wrong.
I do remember my previously quiet and unassuming brother having a mad brawl with a psychobilly outside.
Once he won we just walked in. The bouncer watched it all unfold from start ti finish and then just said ‘good hands’
It might have been Tuesday thinking about used to go to the Ritz on a Monday.

Salford used to have about 20 pubs around the precinct, now there's ...none.
Just one mate, The Winston (Fraggle Rock, as it's known locally), on Churchill Way.

A real shame though. Still miss my old favourites The Woolpack and The Langworthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.