Has Mark Hughes surprised you?

Somud

When the league was about to start, what did you think we would achieve in the games we've played so far? Do you feel the team has exceeded your expectations, points-wise and play-wise? Do you feel we need more time to gel?

What is your opinion?

Considering he probably still doesn't know his best team, particularly his wingers, he has done fantastically. He's got the best out of difficult characters like Adebayor and Bellamy and has made some inspired signings. After the Hamburg defeat I thought it would be difficult for us to attract top players without european football, he's proved me wrong. Full credit to the manager.

NO. He is a good manager who knows a good player and has bought plenty. He works well with them and has built a very good side which I expected would come together quickly as they have real character as well as talent.

Still early days to say he will become a world class manager capable of winning all sorts of trophies but why not. He has also shown a real composure and skill in dealing with the press/media. Long may it all continue.

He has gobsmacked me. He is a talented man. In and of itself, keeping his job has been an achievement. given last year's disappointments and the fact that our owners didn't appoint him. He can be our Matt Busby and I think he will indeed be our Matt Busby. I am beginning to feel it in my water. Well done Sparky.

city1961 said:
Last season i was so anti Hughes,well for me its a diet of humble pie,and i like it.

You're not alone. I was hysterical and was going to set fire to my own head in protest.

I think we still need time to gel, the defence still looks shaky at times.

I feared we'd loose to Blackburnley on the first day, they sirrised me then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.