Has the TV license lost its value?

crooky

Watching the Champions League game on ITV last night I realised that there's barely anything I watch on "terrestrial" these days. I don't have Sky Sports or BT Sports so from next year my ability to watch sport will be extremely limited.

- Champions League and Europa League only on BT.
- Only half the F1 races are on BBC now.
- The IPL which I enjoyed as my 2 months of cricket has gone to SKY.

There's really not much left. The snooker..., Wimbledon meh, England football games :/ I guess the Rugby World Cup is on later in the year but apart from that there's really very little I can think of.

Then going onto normal TV programs all I really watch is BBC programs like Top Gear, Charlie Brooker and some of the BBC made documentaries. All of which I never watch live which of course means I could watch them on demand legally without a TV license. Anything else I'll stick Netflix on and find a film, comedy, TV series on there.

And MOTD is on demand these days as well.

Anyone else in the same boat of feeling they could or are close to being able to not have a TV license?

crooky said:
Watching the Champions League game on ITV last night I realised that there's barely anything I watch on "terrestrial" these days. I don't have Sky Sports or BT Sports so from next year my ability to watch sport will be extremely limited.

There's really not much left. The snooker..., Wimbledon meh, England football games :/ I guess the Rugby World Cup is on later in the year but apart from that there's really very little I can think of.

Then going onto normal TV programs all I really watch is BBC programs like Top Gear, Charlie Brooker and some of the BBC made documentaries. All of which I never watch live which of course means I could watch them on demand legally without a TV license. Anything else I'll stick Netflix on and find a film, comedy, TV series on there.

Anyone else in the same boat of feeling they could or are close to being able to not have a TV license?

there should be marches against it, like the poll tax

if nobody paid, what could they do ?

nimrod said:
crooky said:

there should be marches against it, like the poll tax

if nobody paid, what could they do ?

Ship the fuckers to Australia.

Ask Urmston.
:) Sorry.

Actually it works out about £3 per week I think. 25 million housholds, so that's 75 million quid a week? is that right? Blimey I barely watch the thing.

Yeah I know all the in's and outs. Like it's OK to watch live events on a battery powered device such as a laptop as long as you don't plug it into the mains.

Just to clarify though you don't need a license or listen to the radio at all.

Also I know their not real as you state but I'd love someone to explain how a TV detector van would theoretically work these days if they were real.

not had a licence now for over 5 years, i get the odd visit here and there and as the above poster mentions the door gets slammed in there faces, there is a lot people don't know about TV licensing, they claim to have 'working' detector equipment the fact is no one ''ever'' has been prosecuted in court using this form of evidence, search warrant's are very rarely applied for and you would be very unlucky to have one served on you, it is not illegal to own and watch a TV, by not having the aerial connected you cant receive and so are not breaking the law, 90% of TV licence convictions come from people admitting to the offence and signing a document they stick under your nose on your doorstep, the golden rule is no contact and shut the door in there faces and do not respond to there threat letters

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/</a>

this one is funny

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qxev8L27Lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qxev8L27Lo</a>

Is the tv license a purely British thing ?

Ive lived in Oz & USA and they never had them

I read about a year or so ago about a woman who was head of something at the beeb, she got a taxi from London HQ to Cardiff (at license payers expense) I think it was over a thousand quid

She said she had work to do throughout the journey and therefore couldnt go by train

I think the tv licence is unbelievably good value, but then I don't give a flying fuck about sport on tv, any sport.

now when it comes to arts the BBC is unsurpassed.
BBC 4 is outstanding.
Wolf hall on 2 is brilliant.

so no it hasn't lost its value at all.

denislawsbackheel said:
I think the tv licence is unbelievably good value, but then I don't give a flying fuck about sport on tv, any sport.

BBC 4 is outstanding.

Im with you mate, Id gladly pay the fee to get all the BBC stuff here in Oz

nimrod said:
denislawsbackheel said:

BBC 4 is outstanding.

Im with you mate, Id gladly pay the fee to get all the BBC stuff here in Oz

i dont think the growing number of licence dodgers think its a poor service the argument is that they should have the choice 'i don't want the BBC so stop supplying me' if you didn't want to watch city anymore would they keep sending you a season ticket, the BBC should be pay to view but they will never do this because all the licence money goes to government who then hand the BBC a funding payment of around 30%, so 70% disappears and is basically another tax

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.