Has this been explained? (RE: McDonald)

LoveCity

Sorry if this has been posted, just been looking and couldn't find a topic.

Mame Biram Diouf of Senegal (ranked 89th) - signs for Manchester United from Molde FK (in little Norwegian league) and gets a work permit. Considerable prospect but not one with the interest from big clubs of...

McDonald Mariga of Kenya (ranked 90th) - agrees to deal with Manchester City from Parma (of Serie A, one of the top 3-5 leagues in Europe) and is refused a work permit. Highly touted prospect coveted by Inter, Man United, and Man City.

??? Does Diouf have a second passport?

It's a conspiracy, the FA are out to stop us no matter how they have to do it.

Yes it can be explained as a fucking disgrace. Further proof we are being singled out by the bell ends in charge. They are all shitting it and will try anything to stop their teams from being over taken. You have used one example but their are plenty more.

I'm guessing they got him on appeal, they had all summer to sort that deal out, we didn't

yarny101 said:
I'm guessing they got him on appeal, they had all summer to sort that deal out, we didn't

They actually had the appeal in December, outside of the window, which apparently is allowed if its the selling clubs close season.

Ar'nt the Norwegian Immigration laws a lot more relaxed than ours.... something like you only have live there for 12 months or 2 years or something and you can become a citizen. I thought is was a common shortcut used by a lot of clubs.

What i'm strugging with is that both the UK & Italy are in the EC, yet he can get a work permit in Italy but not England ????? and renew it to move to Inter ??????

FA Criteria states :

The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the 2 years preceding the date of the application

Sengal were ranked 40th at the start of 2008 and 50th at the start of 2009. Which gives them an average ranking within the top 70 over 2 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.