Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

i wonder how many more penalties we see this season compared to last? The view of pundits was there would be a lot more goals but seeing the number chalked off today i doubt it very much, these off sides by millimeters are the real killer of the game.

Yes I do. However VAR isn't going away so the game needs to use it better and that may include tinkering with the laws in some cases, especially offside and handballs yet again. The first thing though is for England to use it like everyone else with the monitor and IMO a mike by the monitor for the ref to explain to fans exactly what he's seeing.
Ref with a Mike haha I'm seeing salah, mane diving from offside position outside the box. Im giving a penalty :+)

VAR has turned the game into a joke.

Its horrible.
Refereeing is simply not consistent.
If you picked 20 similar penalty decisions you would not get 18/19/20 identical results. Until that happens VAR will be a failure.
Don't even start on offside decisions where they can't get any accuracy on the point in time when the ball was touched by the assisting player and don't take into account the pace of the attacking player.
In short it is a crock of shit.

We watched the Wellington Phoenix game in the Australian A League last night on playback. Their interpretation of VAR is just as bad as the UK version.

Clearly not.

Get your fat arse into a full sprint and I'll stand on your foot, we'll see then if you don't fall over or if it doesn't affect your stride one bit.

Never said a full stamp wouldn't make someone fall over or affect your stride. I have a feeling you lack comprehension when reading others posts..
We have a difference of opinion to what constitutes a penalty. No biggie move on. I'm not interested in your view as it's a poor one no doubt based on bias.

No offence intended.

Just goes to show what football has become.

Stay on your feet despite someone going right through the back of you, no foul. Dive on the floor because someone's brushed your foot, and it's a foul.

Football has become a corrupt sport for snowflakes and divers, massively assisted by VAR.

Refereeing is simply not consistent.
If you picked 20 similar penalty decisions you would not get 18/19/20 identical results. Until that happens VAR will be a failure.
Don't even start on offside decisions where they can't get any accuracy on the point in time when the ball was touched by the assisting player and don't take into account the pace of the attacking player.
In short it is a crock of shit.

Pawson in the Arse v CFC game today booked everybody who grabbed hold of someone's arm as they slalomed past them - except two. The first was when Tammy Abrahams was grabbed inside the area - a clear pen - and then Jorginho, but as he had already been booked he was gonna have to go, and Pawson bottled it. How can some be booked for an offence and others, for the same offence, escape. Institutionalised cheating, pure and simple! He's delivered a win for CFC when The Arse should have had the opportunity of getting, I think, two goals ahead. What happened on the pitch was not reflected in the result, and that must be the biggest indictment that can be placed at the ref's door!

number of rules need looking at:

Offside
Handball rule

These two are key.

I personally think the rules on tackling - what is a foul and hat isnt also needs to be looked at - think the art of tackling has been taken away and the fact that players look to ge caught/clipped and then go down - needs taking out of the game in my opinion.

Yes I do. However VAR isn't going away so the game needs to use it better and that may include tinkering with the laws in some cases, especially offside and handballs yet again. The first thing though is for England to use it like everyone else with the monitor and IMO a mike by the monitor for the ref to explain to fans exactly what he's seeing.
Why don't FIFA step in and say this is the VAR set up everyone uses and end the bloody farce? Seems logical to me for them to do what they're supposed to do. VAR wasn't a issue at the World Cup, not to what it is in the Premier League.

How the Van Dijk handball for the Scousers goal against Wolves this morning is missed, and Laporte's "handball" for the winner against Spurs is caught is mind boggling. The same rule should rule out both goals. We all know the reason why one stands and one doesn't. I'm not getting into the conspiracy of it all but the Premier League have caused a issue with VAR where if they implemented it properly in the first place it never would've been one.

Just goes to show what football has become.

Stay on your feet despite someone going right through the back of you, no foul. Dive on the floor because someone's brushed your foot, and it's a foul.

Football has become a corrupt sport for snowflakes and divers, massively assisted by VAR.

How on earth did VAR not overrule the goal. I was so mad with Mendy at the time I didn’t watch the replay but having seen that it’s as clear a foul as you will ever see. Joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.