Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

Why don't FIFA step in and say this is the VAR set up everyone uses and end the bloody farce? Seems logical to me for them to do what they're supposed to do. VAR wasn't a issue at the World Cup, not to what it is in the Premier League.

How the Van Dijk handball for the Scousers goal against Wolves this morning is missed, and Laporte's "handball" for the winner against Spurs is caught is mind boggling. The same rule should rule out both goals. We all know the reason why one stands and one doesn't. I'm not getting into the conspiracy of it all but the Premier League have caused a issue with VAR where if they implemented it properly in the first place it never would've been one.
No idea. Common sense would be to start with the world cup as a standard and over time see wher it could be improved. I think most countries have. Why England have ripped it up and imposed this shambles is one thing but their refusal to shift is just negligent.

Just goes to show what football has become.

Stay on your feet despite someone going right through the back of you, no foul. Dive on the floor because someone's brushed your foot, and it's a foul.

Football has become a corrupt sport for snowflakes and divers, massively assisted by VAR.

Gotta be the biggest insult to the intelligence of anyone watching a game of football. That, the variation in applying the LotG inside and outside the penalty areas, bottling second bookings for identical offences which refs have correctly issued all over the pitch, and time wasting, tell me that the people who govern the game and arbitrate it are not interested in a fair and impartial application of the LotG,and if they want to defend their performances as impartial there is enough video footage that would stretch round the solar system twice The collection of 'contacts' that send fully formed, muscular athletes to chew a bit of turf is just laughable.

Last edited:
i wonder how many more penalties we see this season compared to last? The view of pundits was there would be a lot more goals but seeing the number chalked off today i doubt it very much, these off sides by millimeters are the real killer of the game.
Just shows how little the pundits actually know. The number of goals scored has fallen across pretty much every league that has VAR in place.

Why don't FIFA step in and say this is the VAR set up everyone uses and end the bloody farce? Seems logical to me for them to do what they're supposed to do. VAR wasn't a issue at the World Cup, not to what it is in the Premier League.

How the Van Dijk handball for the Scousers goal against Wolves this morning is missed, and Laporte's "handball" for the winner against Spurs is caught is mind boggling. The same rule should rule out both goals. We all know the reason why one stands and one doesn't. I'm not getting into the conspiracy of it all but the Premier League have caused a issue with VAR where if they implemented it properly in the first place it never would've been one.

We'll have the Oz version! We send 'em all those fuckin' convicts and the jailbirds have come up with the definitive football version that other international sports have been using for seasons. Fair dinkum to those Aussie bastards! And good luck with yer raging bush fires!

We'll have the Oz version! We send 'em all those fuckin' convicts and the jailbirds have come up with the definitive football version that other international sports have been using for seasons. Fair dinkum to those Aussie bastards! And good luck with yer raging bush fires!
The Aussie version is just the same as the one used at the World Cup, I'd gladly take that in the Premier League, it fucking works and is transparent.

Cheers for that we have enough of them burning atm.

I know why VAR didnt step in, because it wasn't a foul and the ony reason they scored was Mendy tried to be cute rather than doing the very basics of defending.

He wasn’t being cute in the slightest as instead of clearing it he was shielding it out for their corner! It was idiotic levels of defending of high proportions. However, it was a foul all day long, he was barged in the back and that’s not even up for debate. If he’d thrown himself on the floor we’d have been given a free kick. If only we had some form of technology to notice the clear foul despite the player not diving!

The whole VAR thing is just a complete joke.

Last edited:
There is definitely a tendency nowadays to make the most of any contact in or around the box. I'd categorise it as exaggeration /acting rather than diving. There was a touch of this about Mahrez and sometimes with raz. Wolves players also - it was the classic shot by a sniper reaction to the contact by Ederson, and the player pretending ottamendi had broken his neck in the second half.
He had to rub his career threatening injury for a further 10 minutes to keep up the pretence. Wouldn’t be surprised if the cheating mardarse has filed a claim for whiplash.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.