Has this years title race been engineered?

Heisenberg's Blue Sky

Watching Josh's stream with 85k others online
Now I'm not talking from the outset back in August. I know we've had some luck but more dodgy decisions than most. The dippers have been getting away with allsorts and frankly some of the reffering decisions against us have been baffling. And also less we forget weve been in 4 comps until recently. Some may call conspiracy but this Derby mid-week with so much riding on it so close to the end has made me and a mate (he's a rag) have a light hearted discussion about whether engineering a 2 horse is possible. Certainly maybe once the powers that be knew which way the wind was blowing.

Mods feel free to merge if need be.

Scheduling United v City for the weekend of the cup quarter final almost guaranteed it being delayed and then played when sky wanted it.

I think back in August sky had decided that Liverpool were “coming for” City. The repeated showing of Salah’s goal the season after we’d broken almost every record in English football was comical.

No.

If you think it is, then do you think it just started this year?

If you think yes, then you'd have to think every title race or run in has been engineered, Leicester, our 100 points, 2014, Agueerrro? so they have something to market?

Ridiculous

Absolutely not.

Both teams have been exceptional and whilst some referees have cocked up against us, we’ve also benefited from decisions as well.

Trying to be as objective as possible we’re probably even on poor decisions and Liverpool are probably slightly in a better position.

If we don’t win the league it’s just bad luck we’re in the best title race in terms of points ever.

No.

If you think it is, then do you think it just started this year?

If you think yes, then you'd have to think every title race or run in has been engineered, Leicester, our 100 points, 2014, Agueerrro? so they have something to market?

Ridiculous
No my friend. If you read my post again it clearly states NOT from the outset. But maybe 'they' wanted a Liverpool title win (inc PL, media PiGmol et al) and have tried to steer it in that direction but as we've put up such a stern defence the powers that be a still trying to influence things for the brand. Like i said in the OP it was just a light hearted discussion with me and a mate.

Now I'm not talking from the outset back in August. I know we've had some luck but more dodgy decisions than most. The dippers have been getting away with allsorts and frankly some of the reffering decisions against us have been baffling. And also less we forget weve been in 4 comps until recently. Some may call conspiracy but this Derby mid-week with so much riding on it so close to the end has made me and a mate (he's a rag) have a light hearted discussion about whether engineering a 2 horse is possible. Certainly maybe once the powers that be knew which way the wind was blowing.

Mods feel free to merge if need be.
Yes and no. Both at the same time.

No my friend. If you read my post again it clearly states NOT from the outset. But maybe 'they' wanted a Liverpool title win (inc PL, media PiGmol et al) and have tried to steer it in that direction but as we've put up such a stern defence the powers that be a still trying to influence things for the brand. Like i said in the OP it was just a light hearted discussion with me and a mate.
same answer, if you think they have the power to do that, then it would be naive not to have the same discussion about every single title race.
it's fanciful at best.

If we won ONLY ONE of the 4 games we lost this season, or if Mahrez scored the penalty against Liverpool, “engineering a title race” would have never become a thread today.

It’s always engineered in some way just to ensure all of the top 6 clashes are spread out across the season. Personally don’t think it’s is crafted in a Machiavellian way, they leave the deceitful stuff to Pigmol and the press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.