Hats off to Stoke

Delilahs said:
blue dallas.

You have to admit though, that long throw from Matty Etherington on the wing to James Beattie to nod home at the end of the first half was quality though, and If I recall, Rory Delap who normally takes the throws wasn't even on the pitch!!

<Sarcasm intended>

For the genuine Blues fans on here who have given us the credit, then fair play to you.

And best of luck for the season.
blue dallas is right though, shit team shit football, and the inbreads love it? mad.
mind you if i lived in stoke..........no still could'nt hack that.
hope you stay up and pompey go down,
just cos its nearer.

de niro said:
Delilahs said:
blue dallas.

You have to admit though, that long throw from Matty Etherington on the wing to James Beattie to nod home at the end of the first half was quality though, and If I recall, Rory Delap who normally takes the throws wasn't even on the pitch!!

<Sarcasm intended>

For the genuine Blues fans on here who have given us the credit, then fair play to you.

blue dallas is right though, shit team shit football, and the inbreads love it? mad.
just cos its nearer.

Or you could say commited team commited football, and the inbread label is a bit hypocritical, i've been through some shit areas of Manchester and seen plenty who fit the inbread label as much as anyone in Stoke.

Most Stoke fans realize that we don't have the pulling power to attract the top players and that we need to stay in the Prem by what ever means to build a better quality team.

What you need to realize is that a group of talented individuals do not necessarily make a good team, and that your Sugar Daddy Shiek looked pretty bored with his new toy sitting in the stands yesterday. How long before he he decides he doesn't want to play with it any more and moves on to the next big thing?

stoke fan said:
Greetings from a Stoke fan.

(Yes, I can use a keyboard)

Admittedly, the game today wasn’t for the purists. But we scored and your boys didn’t. From what I have seen from Robinho this season, the lad only turns up when it suits him, and sorry guys, but £14m for Bellamy? You’ve been robbed. He’s worth 7-8 max.

Tony Pulis got his tactics spot on today. The jealous types could drivel on about our defensive tactics. But if it picks us up the points to stay in the best league in the world, then so be it. All managers in the league (baring a handful) would have implemented the same tactics as Pulis.

1-0 up, one man down, your hardly going to push men forward in the second half are you?

After Delap got sent off I was fuming. But after I had seen the replay I think it was justified. Our fans got behind the lads today and I honestly think it helped us win.

Some of the fans who have posted on this thread must have forgotten about the old second division, playing on cold Tuesday nights at dingy away grounds.

We haven’t , we try to take things in our stride, and unlike some of you, don’t think its our god given right to be in this league. Your money can buy great players like Robinho, but you cant buy commitment and heart, and that’s why Stoke won today.

Hope you have a good rest of the season.

Ben the Stoke fan

Fair play to you mate!

IF City are to be successful (top 4 etc), we need to compete and do better at places like Stoke... Obviously!

But, we're obviously not there yet... But why should we be?

This is only 6 months in to "the project" with 3 new players this month and still players, positions and formation to be resolved.

We do not have a "right" to be in the division or even a "right" to be at the top of it. That has to be earned through investment, guile and hard work... And support!

All that doesn't come straight away, no matter how much we want it to!

I think most City fans realise this, it's just that the impatient minority shout loudest...

Obviously!

sumofurdeluded said:
de niro said:
Delilahs said:
blue dallas.

<Sarcasm intended>

just cos its nearer.

Or you could say commited team commited football, and the inbread label is a bit hypocritical, i've been through some shit areas of Manchester and seen plenty who fit the inbread label as much as anyone in Stoke.

Most Stoke fans realize that we don't have the pulling power to attract the top players and that we need to stay in the Prem by what ever means to build a better quality team.

What you need to realize is that a group of talented individuals do not necessarily make a good team, and that your Sugar Daddy Shiek looked pretty bored with his new toy sitting in the stands yesterday. How long before he he decides he doesn't want to play with it any more and moves on to the next big thing?

You're right about all that except that wasn't the Sheik, it was Khaldoon Al Mubabrak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak), the chairman who was appointed by Sheik Mansour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansour_Bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan) who owns ADUG who own us...

Oh and believe me, it wasn't just Khaldoon who was "bored" yesterday!

1.618034 said:
sumofurdeluded said:
de niro said:
Delilahs said:
blue dallas.

<Sarcasm intended>

just cos its nearer.

You're right about all that except that wasn't the Sheik, it was Khaldoon Al Mubabrak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak), the chairman who was appointed by Sheik Mansour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansour_Bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan) who owns ADUG who own us...

Oh and believe me, it wasn't just Khaldoon who was "bored" yesterday!

My apologies.

Jonny Boy said:
Er,..thanks for the dick head

that aside..did we score in the first half...er, no

did they...er, yes

did they lose a man...er, yes

could we break them down...er, no

we'd have done the same

I wish we had of done the same, that way we would have beaten Liverpool this season!

Numptyed said:
Yet another weekend fucking trashed, we have an inabilaty to beat or even score against ten men, anyone who dose not want RSC please watch MOTD tonight and take note, we need a big strong CF who is a danger in the air

How many players do you think we need to buy before we say STOP...and realise we need creativity, guile, savvy, pure attcking football with the players we've got. It's flaire and movement on the pitch we need not constantly buying more players. ...

....A city fan since 76'78 season..(tho Darwin, nr Blackburn born) I'm just so fed up with us looking to buy success and not truly earn it.

So again, hats off to Stoke cause they showed the guile more than us.

Oh, one last thought, and i wish i didn't have to say it but there's a team in this league who when they have the ball you just think ...'I wish we could play like that..!!'

stoke fan said:
Greetings from a Stoke fan.

(Yes, I can use a keyboard)

Admittedly, the game today wasn’t for the purists. But we scored and your boys didn’t. From what I have seen from Robinho this season, the lad only turns up when it suits him, and sorry guys, but £14m for Bellamy? You’ve been robbed. He’s worth 7-8 max.

Tony Pulis got his tactics spot on today. The jealous types could drivel on about our defensive tactics. But if it picks us up the points to stay in the best league in the world, then so be it. All managers in the league (baring a handful) would have implemented the same tactics as Pulis.

1-0 up, one man down, your hardly going to push men forward in the second half are you?

After Delap got sent off I was fuming. But after I had seen the replay I think it was justified. Our fans got behind the lads today and I honestly think it helped us win.

Some of the fans who have posted on this thread must have forgotten about the old second division, playing on cold Tuesday nights at dingy away grounds.

We haven’t , we try to take things in our stride, and unlike some of you, don’t think its our god given right to be in this league. Your money can buy great players like Robinho, but you cant buy commitment and heart, and that’s why Stoke won today.

Hope you have a good rest of the season.

Ben the Stoke fan
Had a good chat to some of your fans walking back to the car yesterday and they were some of the best and friendliest fans I've met (though I've had my fair share of the other side of Stoke fans). Your team did their job yesterday and we didn't do ours. Without being disrespectful, 17th place would be great for you but it was hard to disagree with what your guys were saying that there's a difference between having 11 gifted players and having a team. You seem to have a team and that could well stand you in good stead against the likes of Newcastle, Boro and Portsmouth, who don't seem to. Also good to see a great turn-out and passionate fans. You deserve at least another season in the Premiership.

sumofurdeluded said:
de niro said:
Delilahs said:
blue dallas.

<Sarcasm intended>

just cos its nearer.

your first line trips you up. committed team to spoil football is nearer the mark.
as for staying in the prem at all costs, you should'nt even be there in the first place.
reading, palace and burnley should be the type of big club we can welcome. good football played too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.