Have the roles been reversed?

MCFC1993

Have they become the City of old where the derby is everything but in the bigger picture the title is a pipe dream. Obviously they're a bit better than the City of old but their attitude is very similar.

Whereas for us it's another game where you obviously don't want to lose and it stings a little but ultimately they're not a patch on us.

The post match reaction plus being on course for 3 titles in 4 years with 8 years of finishing above them, certainly seems like that.

I suppose what I'm saying is; losing a derby used to hurt more, whereas now it stings for an hour or 2 before the bigger picture kicks in.

Last edited:
Until they’re mid table, bottom half, in a relegation battle, or newly promoted; no. It’s the not the same comparison.

We could have won the league against them on the day three years ago and blew a 2 goal lead. That’s not got owt to do with it not being a big game for us, it was as big a game as it gets.

The difference is now they are are closet rivals.

We never used to beat united to nil when they were winning leagues, unless you want to go back several generations, they at least scored if we beat them. However we never restricted them to one 1/12 points that I can remember.

Have they become the City of old where the derby is everything but in the bigger picture the title is a pipe dream.

Whereas for us it's another game where you obviously don't want to lose and it stings a little but ultimately they're not a patch on us.

The post match reaction plus being on course for 3 titles in 4 years with 8 years of finishing above them, certainly seems like that.

I suppose what I'm saying is; losing a derby used to hurt more, whereas now it stings for an hour or 2 before the bigger picture kicks in.
I was just going to post something similar so you've saved me the effort. Winning a derby used to be our "trophy" while they marched on to win things and mocked it being "City's cup final".

I was just going to post something similar so you've saved me the effort. Winning a derby used to be our "trophy" while they marched on to win things and mocked it being "City's cup final".

It's what I thought from the way we approached the game today to be honest, we approached it as another game whereas it felt like a final for them today.

The difference is now they are are closet rivals.

We never used to beat united to nil when they were winning leagues, unless you want to go back several generations, they at least scored if we beat them. However we never restricted them to one 1/12 points that I can remember.

1_Geovanni.jpg

Have they become the City of old where the derby is everything but in the bigger picture the title is a pipe dream. Obviously they're a bit better than the City of old but their attitude is very similar.

It doesn't sting for an hour or 2. It lingers and will continue to linger. The question marks have now resurfaced over Peps team selection in the bigger games. That loss stunk of Lyon for me tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.