Have we missed Gary Cook ?

kenkladze said:
TGR said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Fuck me!

Got to be the most out of place comment I've ever read.
Just remember, blues.

When City hoist the trophy on Sunday, wipe all thought of your fellow fans from your mind. Don't think about blues who would have loved to have shared the moment but have passed on. Don't recall past City greats. Don't think of the current players. Don't think about the owner and the classy leadership shown since day one. Don't think about Manchester.

No, think about Garry Cooke. Because, you ungrateful twats, this title is for Cookie! Not any of the other cunts mentioned above who pretend to have 1/9th of the feeling for this club that Cookie has in his little finger.

Can't someone email the club and ask if he can be presented with it instead of Vinny?

Fuck off you ungrateful, sarcastic dickhead.

He's just saying what the majority of Blues are thinking after reading your post
How do you know what the majority of blues are thinking? I make him dead right.

met garry cook on a number of occasions and in my view was a consumate professional. he was not born or chosen to be a city fan but got a job and welcomed the whole "city thing"with open arms. I would go as far as to say i bet any money that the first result he looks for on a saturday is city's.

top man, cannot say anything bad about him. shame the media and kia disliked him so much. although we have done well since his departure, he should take some credit for everything he put in place !

He had the best interests of the club in his heart. Always good for a facepalm moment but he worked hard for us and wanted us to succeed.

Mike N said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
To clarify this, I don't 'hate' Garry Cook.

I don't know the bloke, for a start.

However, occasionally I exaggerate a bit when it comes to him to counteract the cult of personality "top bloke" crap that surrounded/surrounds him (which that post was indicative of). Much of which he encouraged.

I find it distasteful and absolutely ridiculous and I am certain that the vast, vast majority of the praise he receives from City fans is due to a concerted effort on his part to smarm, coerce fans' opinion and sometimes bullshit.

In his actual job, I have very little evidence for him either being woeful or outstanding. So, unlike his fan boys, I make very little comment on his capabilities.

I do, however, have the ability to judge the gaffs and cock ups that he put in the public domain and they, especially his final one, only serve to strengthen my view that he had a particularly distasteful trait of thinking that well placed, often twisted, words can and will get the better of facts.

Not a heinous crime as an individual (although not a trait I like) as it is probably only a part of an individual's personality. However, when it comes to a CEO of MCFC, not one that I would want within a mile of the role.

In summary though, my opinion of Cook is based on the personality that he portrayed in public. I do not seek to extend that opinion to suggest it is an informed opinion on his day to day capabilities. Most 'top bloke/this one is for Garry' merchants do exactly that and I find it to be a joke.

The thing is, you dont seem to know very much at all.

the best bit was

'I don't know the bloke, for a start'

most 'don't really know the bloke' merchants are funny like this

Balti said:
Mike N said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
To clarify this, I don't 'hate' Garry Cook.

I don't know the bloke, for a start.

However, occasionally I exaggerate a bit when it comes to him to counteract the cult of personality "top bloke" crap that surrounded/surrounds him (which that post was indicative of). Much of which he encouraged.

I find it distasteful and absolutely ridiculous and I am certain that the vast, vast majority of the praise he receives from City fans is due to a concerted effort on his part to smarm, coerce fans' opinion and sometimes bullshit.

In his actual job, I have very little evidence for him either being woeful or outstanding. So, unlike his fan boys, I make very little comment on his capabilities.

I do, however, have the ability to judge the gaffs and cock ups that he put in the public domain and they, especially his final one, only serve to strengthen my view that he had a particularly distasteful trait of thinking that well placed, often twisted, words can and will get the better of facts.

Not a heinous crime as an individual (although not a trait I like) as it is probably only a part of an individual's personality. However, when it comes to a CEO of MCFC, not one that I would want within a mile of the role.

In summary though, my opinion of Cook is based on the personality that he portrayed in public. I do not seek to extend that opinion to suggest it is an informed opinion on his day to day capabilities. Most 'top bloke/this one is for Garry' merchants do exactly that and I find it to be a joke.

The thing is, you dont seem to know very much at all.

the best bit was

'I don't know the bloke, for a start'

most 'don't really know the bloke' merchants are funny like this

Two invaluable contributions from 'ITKs' there.

I don't see how you can look at the legacy of his work at the club as CEO and conclude anything other than he did a fantastic job.

A CEO should provide leadership and build an excellent team around him. He did that in spades. We win awards left right and centre. Whether it is the website, social media, CiTC, and now seemingly the playing staff. That's testament to the people he put in place.

Gaffs aside, he and Khaldoon made an excellent partnership. I hope we bring in someone to replace him with the same innovative streak - CityTV, Inside City, City Square, the Umbro partnership, Vieira as an ambassador..the community pitch in the US etc.. ideas are allowed to flourish when you have the right man in charge.

Berkovic_blue said:
From the evidence I saw he did a good job and certainly worked hard for the club. The knives were out for him in the media though ever since the press conference announcing Mancini's appointment. A lot of the journos there behaved like absolute twats, Cook didn't take any of their shit and they held a grudge ever since then.

I disagree about that. Cook buried himself in that Press Conference. He looked terrified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.