Have we seen the best?

As long as Pep is here we will continue to improve year on year, he demands it. The only issue I see this season is at centre back. There’s no way we will cope with just 3 centre backs. there will be injuries, suspensions and loss of form and if it happens at the wrong time of the season when we’ve got big games we will pay for it.

It’s such an obvious area of concern, it’s almost as if we are deliberately handicapping ourselves just to give the rest a chance.

As for when Pep leaves, it’s going to be a hard transition, we’ve not only seen near perfection, we’ve seen us maintain it and get used to it, it’s going to take a big adjustment period for the fans to go back to us just being very very good.
I expect Dinho to step in if needed.

As someone once said, the moment of fruition marked the beginning of decline.

Rolling up at Wembley for the FA Cup final and demolishing a decent team to complete an unprecedented domestic treble after having won our last 14 league games to defend our title staving off a record breaking challenge from the European champions - it’s hard to see anything other than decline from that amazing peak.

What the rate of decline will be is where the debate lies imo.

I fear we have been spoiled for life.

While there will definitely be football this season that brings us to our feet, it is simply not reasonable to believe that we can continue to break records year after year after year. This is one reason I believe the CL has to be a priority this season, as it would be the capstone trophy that makes everyone sit up and realize this really is the best team England has ever seen.

While it is almost unreal for me to say that I don’t really care about the Domestic cup competitions this season, I think it is the only way a team survives the long PL and CL seasons with any realistic chance of victory.

Last season, the CL was wide open for us and to think we lost to Spurs over two legs still boggles the mind. However, by adding Rodri this season, and with not even making a CL semi final under Pep, I just don’t see how he and the ownership can’t be placing all their eggs in that basket this season.

The League happens every week, often twice a week, and City have a winning habit now, so most of those games will take care if themselves, especially with the desire to play. However, I just feel like we have faltered repeatedly in the CL, even in the Group Stages, and this has to be fixed.

The zenith, whether most City fans can stomach it or not, is to be crowned European Champions. To do that on the back of Centurions & Formidables is, I believe, the ONLY way to see “progress,” even if the quality of football does bring a tear to one’s eye at times.

The football under Stuart Pearce, brought tears to my eyes. Maybe that isn't what you meant, though.

I wouldn’t be too unhappy if we were to make early exits from the domestic cup competitions this season
I personally would always take the FA Cup over the Chumps League. The Daddy of all cups has the edge every way I look at it. No seeding and everybody in the velvet bag for the draw. It can be Man Utd at home or Glossop Town away. Compare that with the UEFA Champions League nonsense. Clubs seeded for the groups; then you can't play teams from the same country till the last eight; starts as a league and then becomes a knockout cup. Last, but not least, we have to put up with German/ French Ultras clapping, singing, jumping to the whim of some pillock with a microphone.

Last edited:
It'll be a different season, where I have a sneaky feeling Spurs will have an excellent campaign, and push us in the same way Liverpool did. Liverpool will drop loads more points, and United and Chelsea will close that gap IMO. Arsenal will be well wide of the pack.. and get overtaken by Leicester for 6th IMO who will keep Wolves/Everton at bay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.