Have you ever caught your partner cheating?

Good post. I have somehow managed to stay in my girls life despite the exes best efforts. I remember being “awarded” at court every other Friday Saturday sleep over and an hour on wednesdays. My kids were 1 and 4. Essentially 4 days out of 30 properly seeing my kids. Fuck that!! I am not in any way embarrassed to say I was arrested 17 times over a 3 years period for picking my kids up from school on non rota days and taking them for meals and holidays. (Never been in trouble for anything else ever) I did the whole fathers for justice thing and beyond and managed to eventually get 50/50 custody. Not through the courts just through the fact that the ex knew I would not give up. I could not do it now as I would not have the energy - when I was 30 I was a lot tougher and stronger. It’s a very brave man who risks having kids and facing not seeing them properly. Mine are 16 and 19 now and I literally could not be closer to them. Very proud of myself for making sure of that. I could quite easily have walked away at times it was that tough. The ex was cheating on me for months with a women from work. Still bullshits me that they only got together after we split! Load of bollox.

My fucking man.

Well in blue.

Good post. I have somehow managed to stay in my girls life despite the exes best efforts. I remember being “awarded” at court every other Friday Saturday sleep over and an hour on wednesdays. My kids were 1 and 4. Essentially 4 days out of 30 properly seeing my kids. Fuck that!! I am not in any way embarrassed to say I was arrested 17 times over a 3 years period for picking my kids up from school on non rota days and taking them for meals and holidays. (Never been in trouble for anything else ever) I did the whole fathers for justice thing and beyond and managed to eventually get 50/50 custody. Not through the courts just through the fact that the ex knew I would not give up. I could not do it now as I would not have the energy - when I was 30 I was a lot tougher and stronger. It’s a very brave man who risks having kids and facing not seeing them properly. Mine are 16 and 19 now and I literally could not be closer to them. Very proud of myself for making sure of that. I could quite easily have walked away at times it was that tough. The ex was cheating on me for months with a women from work. Still bullshits me that they only got together after we split! Load of bollox.
Well done mate !

Every credit to you pal, that superb.

Top man!

Ive seen the total opposite many times before so it’s always good to hear a Father show fight for his kids.

I don’t know if they ever show you, but they’ll appreciate that massively, even subconsciously!

Top man.

People could have all the best intentions in the world towards that, but people change. The people we meet and fall for years in the past often aren’t the same person a few years down the line. They aren’t the people we fell for and in fact can actually be someone we do not like anymore, let alone love. It’s not healthy to stay in that relationship, it can lead to depression and unneeded hate in life.

Also, people can think they’ve fallen in love, think they’ve met “the one”, get serious, move in, get married... only to actually really fall in love with someone else a few years down the line. This can especially happen when you meet someone when you’re young and you have no real experience of other personalities and compatibilities. Then when you mature and are more worldly wise and developed as a person, even though you’re already married with a few kids, you go and meet someone who completely knocks you off your feet.

Life is too short to deny yourself something you really want and something that could make you happier than you are now.

Interesting post. As someone in my thirties and single I find it interesting how many of my mates have 'settled' over the last few years. I know they aren't happy, because they've told me in some cases or alluded to it in others.

As you have said people change as they get older. It's a personal choice to be single (theirs lol), at times settling down sounds like the easy option. Then I see how complicated it can get, if people cheat or kids are involved and think I'm right to hold off. I guess the flip side of that is the 'right' girl might not be out there in that case...

Possibly more appropriate for another thread, but I feel society consciously or unconsciously discriminates against single people. 1 bedroom flats are fucking extortionate, fine if you're in a couple and splitting the bills. Meal deals in supermarkets, geared to couples not someone living on their own etc. Then there's the fact that people in couples seem to think it's fine to ask you about your sex life and who you're shagging, for their own entertainment. Your mates can make disparaging remarks about it, but you tell them you wouldn't touch their mrs with a plastic one and suddenly you're the bad guy!

Good post mate, respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.