Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

No it doesn’t, the worry of recent events involving family members has left me questioning my own health. Yesterday I developed a sore throat and a tightness in my chest. Worried enough that I may be developing Covid, so told the missus it was not going to be her lucky night and I was self isolating in a separate bed. No temperature today so thankfully probably a false alarm, just me being a soft arse with the worry just as the missus predicted.

Edit 9:49pm
Results released show our young Granddaughter has been cleared of having Covid-19. Tomorrow they will see if she can breathe completely without any help. Thank you everyone for your kind words. Looks like we have a new blue we need to introduce to the City family.
Brilliant news in the last paragraph. Really pleased for you.

I too have had a couple of 'false starts' think it's the stress of everything.

We'll all get there in the end, just about staying strong.

Last week I had a very dry and painless throaty cough, that after a few days became a slightly less dry mucus based cough with an ever so slight tight chest feel that lasted for a couple of days (might be worth noting I have very mild asthma). I had slight difficulty sleeping during that period. No other symptoms. I gradually become more symptomatic at night but less symptomatic during the daytime weirdly.

But that was it. Whatever it was lasted about 10 days from the 1st cough to the last. I should add I generally alleviated my cough by doing a little bit of cardio periodically and drinking LOTS of water. I'd take a paracetamol and suck on boiled sweets during the early hours when it would be at its worst.

Just heard one of me best mates cousin died today. 45, no health issues and was self isolating at home. Really grim and very very scary.

Im feeling a lot better today thanks. Just feel like i've woken up on a park bench after a 2 day drinking binge (it has been known).

It shows that the numbers being given for people infected are worthless. When i checked on Sunday it said there were only 7 in the county i live. I've got 6 from my Sqn in isolation at the moment, 4 of whom have all the symptoms, whilst 2 just have a cough. All untested as hospital is not required. I couldn't even start to guess the real figure.
it is like having been on a weekend bender without the fun bit,i am not really taking any notice of the infected numbers now,i could imagine but i am only just keeping my shit together as it is,glad you are feeling better

Just heard one of me best mates cousin died today. 45, no health issues and was self isolating at home. Really grim and very very scary.
45 and no health issues yet people still think it's a disease for elderly and people with underlying health issues no age that poor lad

I probably caught it from a doctors appointment for an MCL injury 2 weeks or 2 ½ weeks ago. Its the only time I let my guard down over the last month. (The surgery was deep cleaned a couple of days later before being shut.)
It started with the mildest of mild sore throats followed 6 days later by cough, headache, bringing up lots of white phlegm, lung lining inflammation, lung tingling, general aches all over, raised blood pressure (to 185/77), Itchy and painful eyes and tiredness. It got worse and worse for 3 days then suddenly it was gone except for bringing of phlegm.
But then I got a stuffy nose, Kidney pain, Liver and Lung Twinges. And I'm still bringing up white phlegm but only occasionally.
No Fever (slight raised temperature while initially ill @37.3⁰C) No taste issues. Can't say I had smell issues but I can't be sure.
I've never had anything like it in my life before.

My whole locally based family have had it.
My youngest daughter caught it from a collegue at New Cross Hospital (Wolverhampton) and gave it to my 10 month old grandson and her grandcmother-in-law (85). He just had a cough. They had cough, phlegm, headache, fever, aches and tiredness. Lungs not as bad as me but the fever was the pits for them.Not quite sure how her husband has avoided it.
My other grandson brought a cough home from school last Monday. My older daughter and her husband have still got it. Not aa badly as her younger sister but the same symptoms. My granddaughters had a scratchy throat for a day but that's it.
We know 6 other families who gave all had it.

So basically the cases stats in Worcestershire are total bollocks. 38 cases my arse. There are 40+ in Hagley alone - nobody hospitalised yet though.

I probably caught it from a doctors appointment for an MCL injury 2 weeks or 2 ½ weeks ago. Its the only time I let my guard down over the last month. (The surgery was deep cleaned a couple of days later before being shut.)
It started with the mildest of mild sore throats followed 6 days later by cough, headache, bringing up lots of white phlegm, lung lining inflammation, lung tingling, general aches all over, raised blood pressure (to 185/77), Itchy and painful eyes and tiredness. It got worse and worse for 3 days then suddenly it was gone except for bringing of phlegm.
But then I got a stuffy nose, Kidney pain, Liver and Lung Twinges. And I'm still bringing up white phlegm but only occasionally.
No Fever (slight raised temperature while initially ill @37.3⁰C) No taste issues. Can't say I had smell issues but I can't be sure.

My youngest daughter caught it from a collegue at New Cross Hospital (Wolverhampton) and gave it to my 10 month old grandson and her grandcmother-in-law (85). He just had a cough. They had cough, phlegm, headache, fever, aches and tiredness. Lungs not as bad as me but the fever was the pits for them.Not quite sure how her husband has avoided it.
My other grandson brought a cough home from school last Monday. My older daughter and her husband have still got it. Not aa badly as her younger sister but the same symptoms. My granddaughters had a scratchy throat for a day but that's it.

So basically the cases stats in Worcestershire are total bollocks. 38 cases my arse. There are 40+ in Hagley alone - nobody hospitalised yet though.
Wow, small world, im from Pedmore.

Just curious mate, at what stage did you get tested?

Just curious mate, at what stage did you get tested?
Was never ill enough to get tested - My peak flow was OK and I've had pneumonia and pleurisy in the past so I know how bad that is. I was going to try and get tested on the Thursday if I was still bad but the illness broke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.