Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

I posted the other day that my sister and her Hubby think they had. Sister is now fully recovered thankfully but her Hubby is severely unwell and they had to ring 111 the other night as he relapsed after feeling much better. Sent to walk in centre where they refused to see him and was sent home with antibiotics and an inhaler. They refuse to test him. That is now nearly 2 weeks he has been in bed!

Funny question...

I live in the U.S.

The first person to die from it in my state visited our business a few days before they passed.

The last month or so has been...well no words.

I’ve lost over 30 pounds from the stress. We are considered essential so I still go in every day. I really hate my life right now.
If it's any consolation I'd say the weight loss is a huge plus in favour of a speedy recovery, if it were ever to become the case. I'd also imagine it's done your blood pressure the world of good too. Hopefully you manage to stay well.

Don't be too pissed with her mate as I reckon most of us would have done the same in her situation, with it being her Dads funeral it would be neigh impossible not to interact with other family members.

I was at my brother in laws funeral a day before the lockdown and have every intention to do what you suggested to your wife but as soon as I arrived people were walking over and greeting me like most folk do, you would need a heart of stone to ignore them in such a situaltion.

I wish her all the best mate and hope everything turns out fine.

Fair enough comment.

Just annoyed that she's got the exact same heart condition as her dad and her Great Uncle, Eddie Large. I just wanted her to be responsible and now she's touch and go with it all.

I would rather her have that heart of stone and have a better chance of getting through this period for our two boys.

I was ill with symptons nearly 4 weeks ago started with night sweats 3 days then cough sore throat and genuinly feeling not well for about 2 -3 weeks now mrs has just tested positive and as been in bed over a week.ive now started to get a really sore throat and the feeling my lungs are on fire.thought it had passed but unfortunately not.like kaz said this virus tricks you in to believing its gone when its still lurking.
Sorry you and mrs b are ill,the feeling like your lungs are on fire is horrible isn't it,i never had anything like that before,hope you both get better soon

I was ill with symptons nearly 4 weeks ago started with night sweats 3 days then cough sore throat and genuinly feeling not well for about 2 -3 weeks now mrs has just tested positive and as been in bed over a week.ive now started to get a really sore throat and the feeling my lungs are on fire.thought it had passed but unfortunately not.like kaz said this virus tricks you in to believing its gone when its still lurking.
This was similar to my experience. Now this just my opinion but based on my own case, conversations with my GP and observations of others.

It seems to me that once the virus has taken hold there then follows a high chance of then developing a secondary bacterial infection. For the most critically ill this seems to manifest as pneumonia after about 10 days. However, it appears and my GP also held this view that after the Covid virus may have been battled by our immune system, this bacterial element may still remain causing those to feel fever, tired, etc. but without ever progressing to pneumonia. I think that this happened to myself and even Johnson. It may be possible that this what had happened to the poor unfortunate lady who’s body shut down after 6 weeks and yet was negative for Covid.

I was given a course of antibiotics and it has picked me up noticeably although I know that I’m not still 100% yet 4 weeks on, sometimes I’m hot around the neck and a little sore and taste and smell are still very low.

The problem is, everyone is still building up the full picture. I make sure to log symptoms on the app to help provide data.

As the weeks pass by we are aware of many in our locality that are symptomatic but without testing are unsure if Covid related. However we are now aware of a fatality with our youngest daughters close friend, a care home worker who just lost her partner early this morning. The poor lad never came off his ventilator and when they tried to turn him he went into cardiac arrest with organs failing. Stay safe out there people and take as many precautions as you can to protect you and your family, as the virus is indiscriminate taking the very young as well as the old.

Last edited:
As the weeks pass by we are aware of many in our locality that are symptomatic but without testing remain unsure if Covid related. However we are now aware of a first fatality with our youngest daughters close friend who is a care home worker who just lost her partner early this morning. The poor lad never came off his ventilator and when they tried to turning him he went into cardiac arrest with organs failing. Stay safe out there people and take as many precautions as you can to protect yourself and family as this virus is indiscriminate, taking the very young as well as the old.

Very sad Bob it doesn’t seem long ago we were beating Madrid without a care in the world:(

Still don’t know of anyone hospitalised by the virus.

lots of people claiming they’ve had it of course.

4 have passed away at my wifes place, all with the Covid. One of the staff has tested positive, now. Fella I knew was taken by it last week. He'd been on a ventilator for a while.
Sad times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.