Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Magicpole, 11 Mar 2020.

1. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

My nurse daughter tested for it today. Fingers crossed for a negative result on Thursday/Friday.

2. CJH

CJH

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    My brother in Cambridge was in hospital over the weekend with it. Home now with loads of meds and feeling a bit better apparently. His partner is a care home manager who had a slight cough a week or so ago.

3. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Although I wouldn't profess to have a huge circle of friends I find it odd that no-one I know (family, friends, customers all over the UK) has been confirmed as having Covid-19 after all this time. The closest to it is my son saying a couple of his uni friends 'think' they had it but weren't tested.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. antspider

antspider

The wife and I still don’t know anyone that’s had it , let alone died from it .. Have some family in London , nobody they know has had it either ..

5. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I think that’s says a lot about you two and the people you both know... in a good way, I mean.

You both probably know people who have acted properly within the rules and done the right things throughout so that they have all avoided contracting the virus.

Of course, people do get it from pure chance or being in situations they cannot avoid. But I think a lot has to do with the way people act.

Ardwick Green Blue likes this.
  6. Vialli98

Vialli98

Team supported:
    Chelsea
    My next door neighbour, an elderly lady in her 70's died from this several weeks ago. She lived on her own, but sadly her middle-aged children and their children would come and go as they pleased ultimately resulting in tragedy.

Her eldest son has gone from mocking people who took extra precautions in following the rules to being the loudest advocate for social distancing on all of my social media feeds.

7. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

I know of over a dozen people who have died from this
    Mainly due to some of my work relating to care homes
    It's been an absolute kick in the teeth tbh

8. UUJblue

UUJblue

My Gf's brothers gf (sister in law basically) had it a few weeks back. She lives next door but stayed at her Mums and had it pretty bad but made a full recovery and back to work. She picked it up while working in a care home.

ganganvince likes this.
  9. antspider

antspider

You are right , we have all been careful, easier for some of us living in the sticks .. Three close relatives would get very ill if they contracted it tho because of underlying health issues