Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

50/50 my wife has it after attending her estranged dad's funeral a couple of weeks ago.

Told her if she has to go, just attend outside the church and leave after everyone saw she was there.

She disappeared for 3 hours. She eventually told me she was in contact with family to some degree and one that was around her dad when he passed.

Her symptoms [cough, phlegm, fever] started in earnest yesterday and an A&E crew came to check on her cos of her heart. She's on really strong abx to, hopefully, make sure she doesn't get worse.

I'm mightily pissed with her for ignoring my advice.

Don't be too pissed with her mate as I reckon most of us would have done the same in her situation, with it being her Dads funeral it would be neigh impossible not to interact with other family members.

I was at my brother in laws funeral a day before the lockdown and have every intention to do what you suggested to your wife but as soon as I arrived people were walking over and greeting me like most folk do, you would need a heart of stone to ignore them in such a situaltion.

I wish her all the best mate and hope everything turns out fine.

50/50 my wife has it after attending her estranged dad's funeral a couple of weeks ago.

Told her if she has to go, just attend outside the church and leave after everyone saw she was there.

She disappeared for 3 hours. She eventually told me she was in contact with family to some degree and one that was around her dad when he passed.

Her symptoms [cough, phlegm, fever] started in earnest yesterday and an A&E crew came to check on her cos of her heart. She's on really strong abx to, hopefully, make sure she doesn't get worse.

Take care of her calmly mate.

Had a funeral for one of my wife's sisters during lockdown, probably 10 days or so ago but time is just abstract now.

A quick gathering round the grave of 6/7 people & the rest of us stood by our own cars between 15-50 yards away, we did all manage to not touch anyone but it was really hard to see loved people in tears and be unable to offer any physical contact to support.

Best wishes.

I don't know if it was C19 but my Mrs friends neighbour was ill with what she believed was C19 about 6 weeks ago.
She fully recovered. That is until this week when all her organs started shutting down and she had three cardiac arrests.
They turned off life support on Thursday as her brain was effectively dead.
From what I can gather just talking to my other half now she did have C19 when she was ill 6 weeks ago but was negative when she passed. In her 40's. RIP
that is so horrible,this virus is vile and cruel,it does trick you all the way along

Forgive me if I sound cruel, I said on some thread (I just looked back and it was 12 of Feb) there’d be 30M dead by the end of the year. Unfortunately, I still anticipate these numbers.

This is the first time I’ve been drunk since 15th Dec and don’t post that often, but is my opinion. There will be a phased relaxation of lockdown, probably construction ala Spain. Most governments are fighting an economic battle vs a moral battle.

The government know what they are doing. Construction first, assess. Small shops (drop the claims), assess. I fully expect the death numbers to drop in this period.

Now I was publicly advocating a lockdown on vulnerable people in early March. Not for a heard thing, but to protect the most vulnerable, this should have been done at the start.

In my opinion, governments have caused a yet to come, meltdown of epic proportions, in the global economy.

If they let kids go back to school, we will not see death levels below what we had when we first went into lock down.

In my opinion, schools should open directly before events over 1,000.

I fully expect global deaths to start rising from this point, with a levelling off in Europe.

I fully expect another lock down if children go back to school.

Last edited:
that is so horrible,this virus is vile and cruel,it does trick you all the way along
I was ill with symptons nearly 4 weeks ago started with night sweats 3 days then cough sore throat and genuinly feeling not well for about 2 -3 weeks now mrs has just tested positive and as been in bed over a week.ive now started to get a really sore throat and the feeling my lungs are on fire.thought it had passed but unfortunately not.like kaz said this virus tricks you in to believing its gone when its still lurking.

Funny question...

I live in the U.S.

The first person to die from it in my state visited our business a few days before they passed.

The last month or so has been...well no words.

I’ve lost over 30 pounds from the stress. We are considered essential so I still go in every day. I really hate my life right now.

My eldest Son has tested positive for this virus, he's a nurse at the Birmingham Children's Hospital.
He's a physically fit 30 year old, so hopefully he's going to be fine, he says he's just exhausted all the time.
Not sure about his mental health though, he sold his previous house and bought a wreck a few months ago. Him and his Wife moved in with her parents until the work on their new home was finished & then all this coronavirus happened.
He's now in isolation, with his lovely but very dramatic Wife, Child, interfering In-Laws & their 4 feral cats. Personally, i'd go sleep in my new home, even if it hasn't got a roof

My eldest Son has tested positive for this virus, he's a nurse at the Birmingham Children's Hospital.
He's a physically fit 30 year old, so hopefully he's going to be fine, he says he's just exhausted all the time.
Not sure about his mental health though, he sold his previous house and bought a wreck a few months ago. Him and his Wife moved in with her parents until the work on their new home was finished & then all this coronavirus happened.
He's now in isolation, with his lovely but very dramatic Wife, Child, interfering In-Laws & their 4 feral cats. Personally, i'd go sleep in my new home, even if it hasn't got a roof
Circumstances were bit of a lottery when this all started I feel for anyone not in a comfortable place.

Very luckily for us we had been due some pretty major building work in our house but the builders we were using were either delayed on a job down south or full of shit and unreliable otherwise, we'd be in a building site while all this was going on.

Sorry to hear that Bigga, hope she pulls through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.