Have you seen some of the comments from neutrals!?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
danburge82 said:
jamielowndes said:
I live in Stoke on Trent too actually. The bullshit about money ruining the game is just annoying as fuck. Ive been to a few Stoke games as a proverbial neutral. They call Disneyland "The Happiest Place on Earth", the Britannia Stadium is the complete opposite. All they do is give the referee shit, and they chanted "boring" when Valencia were passing it around. I remember some old guy trying to convince me that Stoke were outplaying them. Fucking hell.
Stoke can fuck off!

In those decades they were out of the top league their average attendance was 12600! Now they think they're the best fans in the country...haha, no you're fucking not, not by a long long shot! 12600 for twenty years, you disloyal wankers!

I've got to say, if I was a sixth former from Stoke/Stafford I would be reluctant to be congratulating Chelsea and Arsenal 'fans' of the same age and from the same age of me about 'their' success. For the same reasons that I only talk to genuine rags (and not the plastic, know-nothing variety) about football. I wouldn't talk football with any sort of feeling or respect with someone who is from Stafford watches Sky and brands himself a Chelsea fan or Arsenal fan as a result. It's possible he has mistaken this blue for one of the same ilk. Not saying he is but you can easily imagine Stoke fans feeling that.

Anyway, yeah, the response from neutrals has been brilliant.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be condescending or what, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The point I was making was that every fan of every club was chuffed for City, except the Stoke fans. The majority of football fans in my sixth form are Wolves, Birmingham and Villa. I have one mate who supports Chelsea whose dad's a cockney and the Arsenal fan's from Slough, so I wouldn't consider either of them plastics.

I was there for the derby, there against QPR and there at the parade yesterday. My dad's from Manchester but I'm from the Midlands, you can't help where you're born and you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that people are plastics just because of where they live.

I echo the sentiments.

Shrews Town fan in a pub in Shrewsbury. One of the biggest 'mentals' I have ever had after a goal went in at a football game. The whole pub I was in exploded. There was five full pints on the table in front of me and they all got smashed to bits. My mate said I was on the table, like the famous Gazza 'dentist chair' celebration at Euro 96. UN-BELIEVABLE!

BlueBilly said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
danburge82 said:
Stoke can fuck off!

In those decades they were out of the top league their average attendance was 12600! Now they think they're the best fans in the country...haha, no you're fucking not, not by a long long shot! 12600 for twenty years, you disloyal wankers!

I've got to say, if I was a sixth former from Stoke/Stafford I would be reluctant to be congratulating Chelsea and Arsenal 'fans' of the same age and from the same age of me about 'their' success. For the same reasons that I only talk to genuine rags (and not the plastic, know-nothing variety) about football. I wouldn't talk football with any sort of feeling or respect with someone who is from Stafford watches Sky and brands himself a Chelsea fan or Arsenal fan as a result. It's possible he has mistaken this blue for one of the same ilk. Not saying he is but you can easily imagine Stoke fans feeling that.

Anyway, yeah, the response from neutrals has been brilliant.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be condescending or what, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The point I was making was that every fan of every club was chuffed for City, except the Stoke fans. The majority of football fans in my sixth form are Wolves, Birmingham and Villa. I have one mate who supports Chelsea whose dad's a cockney and the Arsenal fan's from Slough, so I wouldn't consider either of them plastics.

I was there for the derby, there against QPR and there at the parade yesterday. My dad's from Manchester but I'm from the Midlands, you can't help where you're born and you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that people are plastics just because of where they live.

Which is why I made a point of clarifying that I wasn't saying that about you. FFS!

I was in rachels bar in benidorm,i was sat with a fellow blue who was on holiday.the bar was packed with all different supporters as the bar was showing 6 prem matches. There were a few that cheerd for the rags or when qpr scored. When aguero scored the bar erupted. ,,After every fan I spoke to was happy for us, gunners, spurs ,Leeds,blackburn, Newcastle etc and even a rag who at half time I promised to buy him a beer if they won.after he congratulated city.I even got a couple of jack Daniels as well. Top day.thanks to every one

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Everyone loved it!!.... apart from Spurs and Arsenal fans. Now THEY are the most bitter fans in football, fuck me.

sorry you missed the most bitter fans

that title belongs to NEVERton

UptonLark said:
As a West Ham fan, i've seen a great deal of similarities between your fans and our fans over the years. The long enduring suffering, and it is for you, as fans, that I am so pleased.

Well done Fellas, enjoy it and don't be spoiled by it.

A thread on our site, with a mixed reaction. Although countless fans on here commending your conduct through the years, and a reciprocated respect for each other:
http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140622&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=140

One big football family, am touched by all the comments by ALL you neutrals - always loved going to Upton Park and grabbing a bacon bap and barrel of tea before the game. Looking forward to going back next season!!! Good luck on Saturday boys!!!! Like you lads, we NEVER forget we we came from....

Loved reading this thread and there is a lesson to many on here in putting differences aside and appreciating what others have done. The constant slagging of Moyes and Everton etc...Without Everton and Moyes we would not have won this title. Fact!

I was once asked who my 2nd team is and I answered anyone who is playing Man Utd.

I think that is true for many fans.

Happy Days!

canaryblue said:
I'm a Norwich City fan and when I heard Aguero had scored I can honestly say I've never celebrated another team's goal like it. Congratulations, good honest fans who backed their team in the 3rd tier. You deserve your success, well done.

thanks Canary, my Mrs is from Norfolk, went down for the weekend for the 1-6 game and had nothing but good banter as always in and around Carrow Road, great season and well done

I had messages on Sunday from Blades fans, Newcastle, Leeds,Liverpool, Norwich, Palace and a few more besides who all said they went balistic when Sergio scored. They were all genuinely happy for not just me but all City fans. They know how long we've waited, how much crap we've gone through but they also know we've never lost our love for the club we support. They recognise the sense of humour we have and appreciation of how lucky we are to be in the position we are in thanks to the takeover. Every one of them classes us as REAL fans with an affinity with fans from other clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.