Have you seen this Bullsh*t picture....

Corky said:
Alexandra Park would be all the trees

And Maine Road still wouldn't be that 'large' trees or not!

Anyway from that angle I'm sure Maine Road wouldn't even be in the picture?

Corky said:
Alexandra Park would be all the trees

Yes, and mature trees would be quite a bit taller than any 2-storey houses so they'd mask the houses in Moss Side unless the photographer was quite a bit higher than the tree-tops. I reckon it's genuine. Certainly when I was at the back of the Kippax upper tier I could clearly see the roof of the swamp.

i think this picture is real,i remember being at a night match at maine road and was sat in the back row in the very top of the kippax,this was when we were in one of the lower divisions,down at the swap they were having one of there european games,i know unusual for this to happen but it was about 7 years ago,i could quite clearly see ot and was amaised at how close it was

Crap picture and a fake, i live on salford quays and the old ground would be further right in the picture past the swamp and a further two miles away! Where it is in this picture is waste land near the Pamona tram stop on the way to town. it's waste land and canal and thats it. plus if it was taken from the viewing tower of the war museum you wouldnt see the bridge as the pink Peel holdings building would be in the way!!! Busted me thinks, nice try though.

Using Google earth, Maine Road is in line of sight from that position, on that angle. It is about 2.35 miles from the bridge pictured (I know the Google measurements aren't exact but they're close enough) The lens used on the camera must be a bloody good one to get Maine Road in such clarity though. Why would anyone fake a shot like that anyway ?

Corky's right. Its taken with a very long lens and the perspective is flattened so you don't get the scale of distance.
If it was taken with a wide angle lens Maine Road would have been a dot and looked about 20 miles away.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Photoshopped without doubt - I used to work in that building on the left and you couldn't see Maine Road at all.

As I said earlier I worked on the 7th floor of building 8 which is the one in the pic and we could see Maine rd no problem ? where you on the first floor ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.