HD-Bellieve in better - PART 2 is it better in plasma?

Re: HD-Bellieve in better - is it better ?

mat said:
Am i the only one that sees HD as a big con?

It's not worth £10 a month but HD is awesome. Especially on a 50"!

I had a couple of mates who went out and bought new tele's and subscribed to HD for the world cup.

They were really disappointed as it wasn't that good.

As I love my HD set-up i went round to see what theirs were like.

Both had bought HD Ready TVs not HD TV's so word to the wise make sure you get a decent TV as well.

And in my opinion it is amazing the difference it makes but I bought an expensive TV as well.

yes it is better and the difference is noticable.
is it worth the extra £10? well if you subscribe to sky sports and EPSN then i would say yes.
if you are that begrudged paying mr murdoch £10 extra then go with virgin who charge no monthly HD surcharge.

bewarned! virgin have a ridiculous £49 'activiation' fee when you want your HD channels turned on. also coupled with the fact virgin do not have the football first match choice option on saturday nights, in other words you cant use the red button to watch anything other than sky sports' highlight match of the day.

overall sky is more expensive for HD, however it is better service, better hardware and better customer service.

pouvignon said:
having a massive tv to go with it wont necessarily give you a better picture, you will find that after a certain size screen the resolution starts to get blurred again, as the picture is 'stretched' to fit your massive screens! depends on the size of your lounge, but i get by with 32" tv with HD no probs.
This. My brother has some massive 60inch monstrosity which he paid over 5k for, (the cock). When he saw the HD on my 40inch he was almost sick. HIs is shocking. For those who say its not worth a tenner, what is it worth then?

Most people I know who got HD have then cancelled when the contract was up it doesn't make the difference some claim. With the way the technology is moving HD will be history within a few years and people have spent quite a bit will need to do so again as 3d takes over

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Most people I know who got HD have then cancelled when the contract was up it doesn't make the difference some claim. With the way the technology is moving HD will be history within a few years and people have spent quite a bit will need to do so again as 3d takes over
Thats just natural progession in technology though. I ot my HD and HD tele in May 07', so 3 years ago. I have no plans to buy a 3D tele just yet, if at all, however if I do it will be in a couple of years when its time to upgrade this tele. A 3D tele also holds HD though, so if nothing will be wasted if you have a Sky HD box, as all you need to do is spend another tenner on 3D, if you so wish to do that. The only upgrade you'll need is a new tele, which from a personal point of view i'll be looking at in 2 years when this one is 5 years old.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Must admit I was miffed to see the 3D adverts immediately after we got HD. I would never cancel it though.

Anyone who say's they can't see a difference is Fecking Blind in my opinion deffo worth the money never go back to standard....

Haven't seen anything in 3d yet

salfordblue-tony2 said:
A simple question for all of you with sky sports with high defination is it worth it. Firtsly with the quality, is it that much better and secondly with the cost an extra £10 a month, or £20 if youtake multiroom option?
Please bear in mind I'm a season ticket holder and will probably see half the matches on it in person anyway.
Thanks in advance.

Depends on the size / quality of your telly... If you've only got a cheap 20 inch flat panel it may not be worth it. If you have a 40+ incher I would say definitely.

I lived in a shared house a few months back that had a cheap Optoma HD projector (less than £500) hooked up to a Sky HD system and it looked fantastic even projected straight onto a wall (which had been painted with an appropriate colour). Amazon has the 720p Optoma DW318 for £440 inc delivery - definitely the best way to watch football and films (assuming you have the space and thick enough curtains).

Hope that helps...

absolutely
its like wiping a dirty screen clean that's how much different it is
the biggest diffrence i've noticed is on itv football, on sd it is vitrually unwatchable compared to the hd version.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.