HD-Bellieve in better - PART 2 is it better in plasma?

Re: HD-Bellieve in better - is it better ?

DiscoSteve said:
HD really is massively better on big telly's - the quality of Free-to-air TV took a MASSIVE step backward when it went from Analog to Digital - any scenes where there is reasonably amount of movement/change degrade into a pile of jaggy blocks because of the ridiculously high compression rate of SD Digital TV. Those silly adverts for Digital TV (remember the manc in the big silver van and his little robot partner) were carefully crafted to have little movement on the screen so the jaggy blocks did not appear...

HD provides the bandwidth to solve this EVEN without the increase in resolution - which is good too - so its a double whammy.

On the flip side though, Sky screw you twice over for HD though. Unlike Virgin.... :-)
How many channels are available on Virgin now? On Sky i'd guess there's about 60 as there are 6 pages of them. Not so long ago Virgin offered just 1........1.
How many are there these days?

HD works best on a 40" screen or above and works well for Sports and nature programmes. Remember that a lot of older programmes are shown on HD channels but were not filmed in HD so they are upscaled. Both Virgin and sky HD boxes produce a slightly better picture than the normal boxes on normal channels because they upscale that picture slightly. I have 3 virgin hd boxes, 2 are on lcd tv's and 1 on an old 36" CRT widescreen 100hz digital scan tv and apart from live sports most times I cant tell the difference but then its all free on Virgin.

Thanks for all the advice. I look forward to watching City in HD in away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.