HD

blueju

Ello there. Does anyone know about connecting components on a home entertainment system? I have been informed that no matter what signal or disc i play, i will never see a High Def picture on screen as i have only used the basic leads supplied by the manufacturers ie;red,white and yellow. This is before i even get started on the Blue Ray on my PS3.

I have a Samsung HD ready LCD tv, a Yamaha 5.1 cinema system, a good quality phillips dvd and Fox digital tv box.

Am i right in thinking im going to have to buy cables to connect to the blue ,green and red outputs?

Any help off my fellow cybergeeks would be appreciated ; )

There is a HDMI Cable that can be bought in stores and off amazon, elseweher too.

This is what connects up your gear.

You cannot use HDMI on a basic DVD player, on a Blue Ray Player you can use HDMI Cables.

In some entertainment systems there is a HDMI in and out to put the picture through, others only the RGB which is SD.

ALl the entertainment systems have optical cables (any decent one anyway), use these to get 5.1 DDS

Cheers mate, dont mean to sound daft but do i need to connect each component using this special HDMI cable (except the DVD)? . How will i play HD Discs to my tv if i cant use this cable?

Bought the HDMI cable yesterday. The difference is unbelieveable. I used it from the PS3 to the TV and the game graphics just improved about 100times better. I just need two component cables now from the amp to the TV and from the dvd to the amp.
I understand it all better now, cheers again. : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.