"He nearly got to that..."

Didnt some twat doing the commentary on one of our games scoff that Raz nearly missed (an easy chance)when he had just scored. Thats why they do it,so they can inflect their own opinions/ideas to the viewers.Turn the sound off mate, you can judge things more fairly than them anyway,even though youre a fan of one of the teams!!!

Didnt some twat doing the commentary on one of our games scoff that Raz nearly missed (an easy chance)when he had just scored. Thats why they do it,so they can inflect their own opinions/ideas to the viewers.Turn the sound off mate, you can judge things more fairly than them anyway,even though youre a fan of one of the teams!!!

Turn the sound off mate, you can judge things more fairly than them anyway,even though youre a fan of one of the teams!!![/QUOTE]

Very true. I watched the CL final and WC final abroad and found the experience so refreshing not having to listen to some idiot waffle on about their pre game/pre thought out narrative.

If their was an option to turn off the commentators I'd never listen to them again.

why in sport, football most of the time, the people who are doing the sky, bt and others say the goalie nearly got that, when the ball is in the net, so no he didn't nearly get that, or when a player nearly gets the ball even thou he didn't get the ball, or that was nearly a bad foul when the player is rolling about the pitch.
and there are many more and IM BORED
Am I missing something? A goalkeeper can "nearly get to that" and the ball still end up in the net. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

A lot of utter rollox is spoken around football on TV.

Some of Gordon Strachans interviews are worthy for that reason (even though I cannot stand the little ____)

"Gordon, can we have a quick word" "Yes, velocity" walks off

Or BBC Footie Focus
"Gordon, Southampton are playing United today, what do you think your tactics will be?"
"5-6-4"

Also remember a commentator on a US stream of an Arsenal game referring to the "Young Arsenal centre back from Ireland, Col O'Toure" (Ivory Coast flag is similar I guess)

The same channel used to use the phrase "Pinky Toe Shot" and "brick wall goalkeeping"

John Motson has perfected the art of stating the bleeding obvious. "It's a goal" "Its a corner" "It's a red card". FFS giz us a job!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.