Headed to Scotland

We’re staying at a site with a course called Hoddom Castle... looks nice but it’s by a river so I’ll have to check it out before buying a day ticket
Don't know it, in all honesty though, I play a lot of golf in Scotland and midges are rarely a problem particularly during the day, it's more of a problem if your stationary.

How far north are you planning on going mate? Some of the outer islands are quiter and less touristy. Places like Harris and Isla for example will have white beaches that you commonly will find yourself alone on.

And ofcourse you have to spend a day or two in Glasgow. Scotland's greatest City

How far north are you planning on going mate? Some of the outer islands are quiter and less touristy. Places like Harris and Isla for example will have white beaches that you commonly will find yourself alone on.

And ofcourse you have to spend a day or two in Glasgow. Scotland's greatest City
We’re staying in Galloway for 6 days, couple of days in Loch Lomond and then headed over to Ladybank in Fife. Not sure we’ll get chance to get to Glasgow.

I love Scotland and have been up many times. Our main bases are Aviemore and Fort William, a nice 8 or 9 hour drive from home in Shropshire. The drive up is great once past Manchester and Preston as you then have the Lake District one side and the Yorkshire Dales the other. About 3 years ago we flew up from Birmingham to Inverness, great views flying over the Highlands.

Most of my favourite places have already been mentioned - I'd say Oban, Mallaig, Elgin, Pitlochry, Inveraray and Dunkeld off the top of my head. The beautiful countryside of Perthshire gives way to the Cairngorm National Park. Over Fort William way there's a beautiful drive down through Glencoe to the south or to the north, the road to the isles heading for Mallaig and past the impressive Glenfinnan monument with views of the Harry Potter train passing through the mountains.

I havw also stayed many times in all of the cities. I like the grittiness of Glasgow best then the small city of Inverness, capital of the Highlands. Edinburgh is beautiful but very touristy then there's Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling and Perth. Like them all for different reasons.

I love the country and looking forward to going again as not been since January 2018.

A great let down........for years as a kid I had dreamed of crossing the Scottish border and being welcomed by the sight of a large handsome stag, snow topped pines perched on the mountains and a piper, piping with his kilt gently blowing in the breeze. Fuck all....just a big blue sign saying welcome to Scotland, that's it..??? I even once had the pleasure when as a kid we all went on the overnight sleeper to Malaig (IIRC) and being serenaded by the then Rochdale cowboy aka Mike Harding in the luggage carriage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.