Headed to Scotland

Just had a few days in Dumfries and Galloway. Scenery is amazing, hired a cottage in Moffat which was a nice friendly little town, although prob not the best for party animals. Definitely want to see more of Scotland having only been to Edinburgh and Glasgow previously.

Haha. Cheers. I will look into this. We have a few days in Edinburgh so they’re not so far. I also quite like the look of Stirling old town after @hilts mentioned it earlier.

If you go pre book the castle and Wallace monument. The jail we just walked in. Premier inn great location just over the train station bridge

Good to hear re pubs. We are real foodies and love a drink too but I have to say I’m not a whiskey lover. However, I never liked Guinness till I did the tour so who knows. I do like tours like that having done loads in France (wine and Champagne) so we will definitely do that.

Many thanks. I’d never heard of the NC500 before you mentioned it and I’m really looking forward to it now I’ve done all the planning.

calling it whiskey with an e will get you ejected from most pubs anyway

My missus and daughter have just returned from an eleven nights stay having done the East to West coast highland route.Seen the photos and wow just wow,some wonderful sights to see.
Originally it was only for 10 nights but they found out that they could actually get onto the Isle of Skye,so they stayed an extra night.
Unfortunately it was foggy on Skye !! ;)

Another great day out this time Dunbar.
Another calm day strolling about the harbour.
Going to head into the town now.View attachment 2472View attachment 2473
That’s where I lived in the seventies. Met and Married Mrs in the church not a stones throw from the harbour. When I lived there it had more psychos per sq metre than just about anywhere. It’s more gentrified now and is fast becoming a dormitory town for Edinburgh. Did you make it to Belhaven mate? Glorious beach and the end of the John Muir trail. We still take a drive down every month or so. What were your impressions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.