Headstones and epitaphs

Shadz69

When talking to a mate earlier he asked me what I was gonna have on my headstone.I told him I planned to be cremated and scattered,he was a bit taken aback and asked what will mark your resting spot and a marker for grieving I hadnt given it much thought but have realised I dont want or need these things.
Are others of the same mind or do you feel you want to have something there with your details on?

The memorial isn't there for your benefit, but for those you leave behind, whether they be grieving relatives or folks looking for family tree info, many years down the line. Even if a person's ashes are scattered, I would have thought it usual to have some form of name/date plaque placed somewhere.

another generation said:
The memorial isn't there for your benefit, but for those you leave behind, whether they be grieving relatives or folks looking for family tree info, many years down the line. Even if a person's ashes are scattered, I would have thought it usual to have some form of name/date plaque placed somewhere.

Your death is recorded by the state so there is a record there but I know what you mean about relatives as I said I hadnt thought about it before,the wife knows where to scatter me and I doubt they would allow anything.

jonmcfc said:
Giving my body to medical science after 3 yrs they burn whats left and give back to family.Then they can put it in bin for all i care i will be dead.
They should have a 'Body Farm' like they do in the USA. If my body can somehow be used for research that one day helps catch a murderer, then all the better.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_farm#University_of_Tennessee_at_Knoxville" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_farm# ... _Knoxville</a>

Some of you lot are straight from the middle ages!
Place for grieving! Bollocks.
Markers, headstones! You'll be telling me you're saving up for a mausoleum next.

I have never visited a grave once and I'm 60. When you're gone you're gone. My ma and pa were cremated and scattered at a place of significance to them. As shall I, and in a cardboard coffin with a humanist eulogy if I can prearrange it.

None of my family have had headstones or anything like that, even though nearly every man on my dad's side for 200 years has been a church minister. I woudnt want one either, our feeling is that a body is just a shell and that the soul lives on, plus the memories of course.

Personally I'd want to be buried, just feel it's more natural being returned to the earth that way.

Cremation just seems unnatural to me. Not fussed on a fancy headstone and casket though. Would probably prefer any money I leave for a funeral would be better spent on this I leave behind

After the NHS has carved up whatever bits and pieces it wants to saves lives or experiment on, I want to be burnt. I want my ashes the put into fireworks, and then set off a particular date in a particular place for my family and friends to watch with a load of beer and food.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.