Headtorches

gaz76

Im doing a marathon on saturday night and hadnt really thought about the darkness aspect until I got the final instructions through last night, Im going to need a headtorch, ive been looking at a few, the petzl nao has been recommended and the ledlensor mh10 as well.
Has anyone got any recommendations? And thanks in advance to the poster who recommends not running a marathon on saturday night and going down the pub instead.

Im doing a marathon on saturday night and hadnt really thought about the darkness aspect until I got the final instructions through last night, Im going to need a headtorch, ive been looking at a few, the petzl nao has been recommended and the ledlensor mh10 as well.
Has anyone got any recommendations? And thanks in advance to the poster who recommends not running a marathon on saturday night and going down the pub instead.

Bought this off amazon for when I did the thunder run, good bright light and used for around four hours without charging.

Nitecore and Olight are good brands.
I think battery life might be the main problem. Rechargeable need a few charge cycles before giving maximum life.
Don't run them at full brightness. Really helps the lifespan.

Consider one that uses AA/AAA and takes some spares?

I prefer the ones that fit to your chest. Makes me dizzy running with a torch blaring above my eye line.

10.jpg

I've got 2 for walking the dogs. One is just a general light, ideal for general picking up of dog shit, the other one has a beam, ideal for finding the fuckers when they run off. The one with the beam has a hand sensor control to turn it on and off, simply waft your hand around in front of your face like an idiot whilst holding 4 leads and ....hey presto

Just keep up with the others and save yourself a tenner.

Kids of today I give up.
I Reckon Gaz76 is out in front, the leading light.
Halogens are bright, I've heard. You could run in a shirt that's got a breast pocket and turn your phone's torch on, that's what I do when I visit the loft. Probably won't be as good as Halogen though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.