Health and Safety reporting - advice wanted

WEMBLEY76

Hi guys any H & S experts on here ?

A family member suffered a head injury at work due to a heavy steel gate being hit by a vehicle
which did not have its handbrake on.The gate had not been locked down properly by the supervisor
and hit this person in the face,causing fracrtued cheekbone.

This person was taken to hospital and still undergoes treatment 7 months after the event.

My question is this ….

Is it a legal requirement that this is reported to the health and safety executive ?

If so,is it the landowners responsibility,or the company in whose employment this person was in ?

I can go into more detail by pm if there are any members with a good knowledge of correct procedure.

WEMBLEY76 said:

A family member suffered a head injury at work due to a heavy steel gate being hit by a vehicle
which did not have its handbrake on.The gate had not been locked down properly by the supervisor

This person was taken to hospital and still undergoes treatment 7 months after the event.

My question is this ….

Is it a legal requirement that this is reported to the health and safety executive ?

If so,is it the landowners responsibility,or the company in whose employment this person was in ?

I can go into more detail by pm if there are any members with a good knowledge of correct procedure.

Im no expert mate but it should have been reported by the company, as they are responsible immediately as its a RIDDOR.

If this has not been done they are in the shit!

blueinsa said:
WEMBLEY76 said:

My question is this ….

Im no expert mate but it should have been reported by the company, as they are responsible immediately as its a RIDDOR.

If this has not been done they are in the shit!

Info here: http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/reportable-incidents.htm

I'm the H&S officer for our firm. Can confirm that this must have been reported to RIDDOR by the 'responsible person.'

It will all come down to reasonable steps taken by the company to prevent this sort of occurrence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.