health and safety

4554396271_76a891a114_b.jpg

Workers on the CIS Tower, Manchester 1961
That's a well known picture, they made posters of it once, but its been proved to be faked.

If you think that makes you queasy, watch the movie “Free Solo.” Alex is my new hero! UFB balls in that dude!

My mate has a VR headset and one of the “games” is getting in a lift, going to the top of a building, and when the lift door opens, there is a “walk the plank” right in front of you. Now, you KNOW you are on the carpet in your living room, but I STILL couldn’t walk out on the plank. If you fall off, the VR headset acts like you’ve fallen off and you fall through the air. Couldn’t do it. Wife could get out in it, but couldn’t get back. Too afraid to turn around and scared to walk backwards in case she “fell off.” Mental what your eyes can make your brain think!

If you think that makes you queasy, watch the movie “Free Solo.” Alex is my new hero! UFB balls in that dude!
It's a great film. Kudos to the camera crew for sticking with it.

I used to climb (UK Trad), not to a high standard (VS/E1 lead on a good day), but I was in awe of the people who had the mental capacity to go beyond. Alex Honnold is an absolute ice man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.